What kind of commander are you?

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by cpugeek, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Get 3 nuke tanks in the first 10 minutes ensures a victory if the others don't have advanced tanks.

2. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

Seems to work for me. Dual reflective seems to have some effect of the projectiles. With only 1 slot, a missile from a turret takes about an inch and a half (when striking at an angle). But with 2 slots filled, it only takes an inch or goes to red (depending on the lvl of the turret).

I might be seeing things, but it seems to work for me. especially against grenadiers.

Probably cause you need to use 2 of the same armor. I do know mixing armors is useless atm, but using the same type twice looks like it works, somewhat.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  3. Slithzerikai

Whenever I try to make a tank, there's not enough money for me to even get a single layer of modified armour.

EDIT: Rock, someone has a sig quote!

4. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

I have 2 questions.

1)What server do you play on?

2)Does emp_money refuse to work for you or something?

5. Slithzerikai

1) Stormed
    2) Even then it won't come to me getting a decent tank.

6. zachtos

zachtos Member

stop joining the losing team. get nodes. tell the comm to lock it.

7. BoF

BoF Member

A more linear team balance system would be nice

Last edited: Jul 27, 2006
  8. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

This isn't the suggestions forum and we don't need backseat moderators.

9. Duke Pending

Duke Pending Member

The best way I can describe the way I command so far is conservatively aggressive. I try to quickly set up new bases as far out and in as many places as can be adequately defended. Fairly often I find things can get screwed up in smaller games, like 3 on 3, than in larger ones since it's so easy to go unnoticed with so few people on such large maps.

I'll usually only go for one extra base in games like those with just a barracks and maybe an armory. As I have more people, better vehicles, and/or decent tech I soon go after more. My commanding needs a lot of tweaking, though. It's far from a perfect system. I need to find that balance between spreading out too quickly and not enough.

10. BoF

BoF Member

I play this game the same way I played it in Savages: let the people do their own shit, build everything up from the ground, be informative with intelligence (ie. enemy targetting or new stuff available), and influence the players. Basically, everytime I get into a game, there's always a commander trying to force everybody to do things his way... and it never works; just pisses people off. So just sit back and point things out for people, not make 'em follow your mouse clicks like AI units in traditional RTS games. And when I'm done buffing the team up, I usually let 'em develop clever ideas to kill the enemy; but I highly discourage them from using jeeps!

:( There's a difference between a hybrid RTS and a traditional RTS. There are somethings you can't do, because they have consequences.

11. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

People just have to learn that my orders are hints unless I say something else on mic/chat.

But if I make an order it must done very quickly (like fall back to base when CV is under attack). Usually we lose (sooner or later) if people stay at their positions and don't help me.