What I think makes a good map

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by [PRKL] Werihukka, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Silk

Silk Mapper

Has nothing to do with mapping mate. If LT's are able to take out entire bases, the problem is the power of the LT's, the weakness of the buildings or the inefficiency of infantry and slower vehicles against fastmoving deathray (mg) firing tanks. If walls, turrets, infantry, vehicles and coordination cannot stop 1 light tank from destroying an entire base, don't complain about the maps ;)

Otherwise there's only one solution: emp_line, where you just have one small and long canyon to fight in so LT's can only get to bases by actually winning the game before getting there.

Of course you did say unprotected bases for some reason. But as far as i know, 1 scout or 1 engy can take out huge unprotected bases as well, cause ... well they're unprotected ^^
    Seems logical to me.
    The art is to keep your bases safe while trying to destroy those of the enemy.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  2. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

You can replace lt with jeep or whatever :P
    Its just that you can win for example duststorm or cyclopean by driving circles
    and destroying every ref/base you see that has no enemy tank or infantry near by

3. Silk

Silk Mapper

I edited my post while you were posting this :)

4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i mainly reffered to this ... its way harder to slip a AFV pass some grenadiers ... well i got easier now too

edit:
    oh i missed a whole page of discussion ^^

stupid read new post thing -.-

anyway, i still dont really get how a mapper should fix that, besides making what silk suggested, emp_boring_linear_map_that_always_plays_the_same_just_like_crossroads ... or denying every posibility to drop buildings larger than armories. and even then one or two scouts can sneak pass and at least contest a flag point ...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009