What Do You Think of Rap?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by [D3]Leroy Jenkins, Jun 17, 2009.

1. [D3]Leroy Jenkins

[D3]Leroy Jenkins Member

I created this because of the small argument in the other music thread concerning rap, and whys its good/bad. I personally think that rap is good but that depends on which rapper you listen to and what the song it is. By that i mean Eminem: When I'm gone. That is an amazing song that really triggers emotions and actually is a very good song with good rhythm, rhyme and lyrics. But mindless songs like Crack a Bottle. While the rhythm and rhyme is good the lyrics means nothing; get drunk, party etc. I'm interested in hearing other peoples opinions, as there are obviously pretty varying opinions on this. (no poll too broad opinions to encompass everything in one poll.)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  2. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

I don't listen to music to feel. I feel nothing from rapes. I listen to metal because I like the music. I don't like rape music. I believe metal muscians are more skilled than Rappists.

3. [D3]Leroy Jenkins

[D3]Leroy Jenkins Member

?????? I hope that your spelling isn't THAT bad.
    "I don't listen to music to feel."
    "I feel nothing from rapes."
    First of all its raps not "rapes" i hope you know the difference. Secondly you just said you don't listen to music to "feel" which also a flawed statement but I'll ignore that. SO you just said you don;t listen to music to feel and you feel nothing from "rapes" so... Whats the problem with rap? Apparently you should like it according to what you said
    "I listen to metal because I like the music."
    So like metal for no reason other then you like the music and its just mindless guitar riffs and screaming people. Since i guess you "feel" nothing from that.

(Never mind just read your :p otherwise i would have gone on.)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  4. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

My spelling is not as relatively bad as Rappists and their rape music compared to Metal musicians.

5. [D3]Leroy Jenkins

[D3]Leroy Jenkins Member

Rappers, Rape music. I no longer respect your opinion as you obviously are just trying to make useless posts.

6. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Some good, some bad, some hilarious.

Just like most music.

7. Castrol GTX

Castrol GTX Member

Dr. Octagonecologyst is funny as shit. I used to like Wu Tang and A Tribe Called Quest, but rap music is generally kind of empty. The beats are fairly simple and I can only stand so many words in a song. Okay! You know a bunch of words that rhyme and your a badass or something, I get it already! I got to feeling like I was constantly hearing someone rap something in my head; I feel sorry for the black kids who grow up and only listen to it because, unlike what they say about video games and TV, it does affect you somewhat.

There's better stuff out there basically.

8. OuNin

OuNin Member

They be like "LUDA," I be like "uhheehhyeeeaaaaahhh."

9. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

#agree

10. communism

communism poof

If you aint down with Eazy E you suck, nuff said

11. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

i hate rap

12. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

exactly, but nowadays i can't hear any good rap at all, its mostly american poprap with stupid synchro dancing.

13. ba'al

ba'al Member

Original rap is good. But, just like anything that has gotten in touch with mainstream, its been butchered.

14. Lumi

Lumi Member

Alt Rock and Metal here.

Not to sound cliche but uh.... rap is crap imo.

15. ba'al

ba'al Member

In rap's defense, Ive gotta say that most of the shit that plays on mtv and on the radio is to rap as Linkin park/MCR/Metalcore is to Metal.
    There are good rappers under the surface, who are overshadowed by mainstream.

16. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAWLING IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNN
    THESE WOOOOOOOOOOOOORDS I CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNOT FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL

okay, but seriously, numb encore is the best cheesy sing along short of queen.

17. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Mac Dre is the only rapper worth listening to ever.. Every verse he ever spit was FIRE! Rap mainly sucks though. Some cool catchy beats with fake ass people rapping about how rich they are got old along time ago.

Hip hop is better as far as lyrics and sometimes beats go. But that kinda became all about image too. Spraying tags on walls and turn tables.. It should be about more then just those things.

18. Castrol GTX

Castrol GTX Member

Rap and Hip-Hop can only go so far before they become electronica, trip hop, or some odd hyphenated genre. It's really just about low level feelings, easy beats with a lot of power, "real" music, etc.

That said, it shouldn't just be about "I'm rich", "I'm a badass", "I'm drinking XYZ expensive liquor at the club", etc. This extends beyond the mainstream crap to the "classic" stuff from the nineties and "underground" stuff, both of which are plagued by this.

19. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Talib Kweli FTW!

20. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead