what class-specific skill should be an inherent class quality?

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by OuNin, Mar 15, 2015.

1. OuNin

OuNin Member

for most of the classes there are Essential Skills that come along with the role. do you think that some of these should be rolled in with the class permanently, allowing people to pick more diverse skills? do you think that some skills are unnecessary and should be tweaked or removed?

2. Acolyte

Acolyte Member

Interesting question.... i think that some of these essential skills (such as repair upgrade engie) are already there from the get-go, and it builds team play when you have to decide in the beginning to use revive on repair upgrade. I think all the skills are fairly balanced. My only big complaint right now is the power of sticky bombs... i think they lowered their damage when they let people spawn with the 2x ammo skill so.... i think they should up that a bit more.

3. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Sticky grenades are extremely hard to use, you honestly can't call it an actual anti-vehicle weapon. But the damage is still roughly the same I believe.

Dig in for rifleman.
    Cooling upgrade for engi.
    Hide for scout.
    Vehicle armor upgrade for grenadier.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  4. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Now that you mention it, most of the vehicle skills would probably be better as in-built class defaults. That way in a tank you always feel slightly differentiated, and it gives you more of an edge based on you as a player than just the tank.

I think you might of hit upon something that would make tank battles a lot more fun, Security.

5. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Its an absolute piss trying to hit something thats moving with them. You need to take like a full second delay into account nd even then their trajectory is terrible.

I dont think their damage was changed, but al the armor buffs that made mine stacks way weaker made stickies a joke. Even then you absolutely need ammo upg to even begin to wish to kill anything with researched armor.

6. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Honestly, what would be better with stickies is if they had a higher range and could actually be threatening away from the target.

7. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

For comm maps, there's usually only 2 scenarios where you can use your sticky grenade with non-zero reliability.
    1: You run into a wild empty APC.
    2: Enemy vehicles in your base.

8. OuNin

OuNin Member

I like the idea of rolling the vehicle skills as an inhernet part of the class. I like security's suggestions but I think armor detection should be a permanent gren thing. like stuff that enhances communications with teammates should be more accessible

9. Awpolt

Awpolt Member

Nothing else to say here but agree that there needs to be some sort of streamlining when it comes to player skills/abilities. A lot of them are either obsolete or should be moved over to a passive slot.

10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

full charge revive should come for free. the skill gets renamed to upg.revive or whatever and does what it does now.

11. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I believe the skill rehaul is sitting in the main branch waiting to get implemented whenever all of the other stuff gets finished. I believe the eta is still indefinite. And I honestly wouldn't get to hyped because it means bugs, bugs and more bugs.

12. Z100000M

As much as id like to, i cant really find a good counter point to that. Id kinda argue that it makes the skill kinda meh, but maybe with half hp vanilla rev it could be passable.

13. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

You could always blend the two together - healing upgrade and revive upgrade into a medical upgrade. "Revive uses 50% ammo and healing is twice as effective", for example.

To be honest, for revive to be parcelled in as default, even with resurrection being at half-health, I feel like something would need to be balanced out. Yes, the e-build buff and e-repair being in helps that a lot (and is awesome), but I'm still not sure. I'm tempted to suggest a 10% cut in engy energy-ammo regen, but I know how long it takes to regen a 100% charge. It's pretty long. Probably around 15-20s actually.

If we used a regen nerf, we'd probably have to nerf the amount the rev would take, just to make it work. Of course the goal isn't to cripple the engy, but them having more abilities by default means they should be less able to carry those abilities out frequently.

But I dunno. Because that would eventually come around and the engies would need slighty buffed weapons to balance that change out again...and bleh.

14. Z100000M

I wouldnt mind that at all, seeing as healing upg is really kinda meh. A 3-4 skill and even then its utility falls because of vehicles adding lots of lethality on the field

15. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I wouldn't think there would be an actual need to nerf rev/engys somehow if revive was a default skill. They can't build or repair with empty calc which is a big deal ya know. Healing also slows calc charge, but you know no one wants to sit still for 3 seconds to get heals.

And yeah, combining heal upgrade and revive sounds like a good idea if you make rev default skill. How much hp people rev with is whatever, I'd suggest trying it out without messing with that first.

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Security waits for heals, which is why he's so gud.

Seriously though it's so much more efficient and safe to heal someone for 70+ hp than revive them in a field.

17. Z100000M

Its more safe as in youre unlikely to have engies with rev.

18. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

That and you don't get shot at directly when regaining hp.

19. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

If your teammate is a decent player : Heal him.
    If you think the guy is a newb : Let him die and revive him.
    This is my SOP, but with two exceptions : teammate being bio'd or we are 20 miles away from frontline.