what are the roles of the different infantry weapons?

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by OuNin, Jan 10, 2013.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

its like that already, weapons deal more damage at close range - or actually less damage over distance ...

2. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Seriously, stop being a fucking idiot.
    Oh right, I completely forgot--it takes no skill at all to use the mortar. Just point and click and the enemy is dead, because the mortar is a hitscan weapon that is literally impossible for anyone to dodge and has the radius of 9999999 nuke explosions. Thanks for bringing this point up and for your continued valuable and even-handed input.

3. ‡|JPL|‡ Corpsegrinder

‡|JPL|‡ Corpsegrinder Member

YEAH!!

4. Neoony

Neoony Member

Truth, I just love the mortar. And that you need to predict where to shoot.
    I say that the mortar is actually just a lot better sniper rifle.
    In other games I mostly play as sniper and mortar reminds me most of those snipers (but more rushy sniper)
    (I would love to see having Scout sniper rifle changed to tiny little mortar, lol)

But I cant say if Gren or rifleman is better at killing infantry.
    Gren can kill infantry better in some situations and Rifle can kill better in some other situations. But overall I think they are equally good at killing infantry, you just need to know how are they effective at it.

Mortar has one big advantage though...when using cover it takes less than one second of exposing yourself to fire that big massive destructive mortar shell and rifleman has to expose himself the whole time that he is shooting.

Neo Daedalus said it nicely:
    Rifleman - Direct combat
    Gren - Indirect combat (Direct also, but limited by 1 shell)

But also...Gren can kill a lot of things but Rifleman is his pain in the ass.
    Every second that Iam having enemy Rifleman on my(his) screen is a real danger to me (no matter how far they are)

So you shouldnt be really saying that Gren beats infantry...
    Gren Beats - Light tanks, Apcs, "Artillery tanks", Medium tanks, Buildings, Scouts, Engineers, Grens (equally)
    Gren gets owned by - Riflemans, "Heavy tanks"

But its all very much situational

But anyway just imagine having gren as Anti vehicle only at this game.
    This would break public games without organisation. (But I can imagine it in organised games)

Its hard to consider any balance changes in this game because:
    We have 2 types of games
    1. Organised
    2. Not organised
    (Also semi organised)
    And because we have newbies, lamers, not so equally skilled vets and not so many players to judge by. And in this game, one player and his skill can make HUGE difference.

Yes I was always saying that gren is OP in a way that he can fight pretty much everything. But I dont see any other real way as it would most probably require MORE teamwork.

Oh By the way be aware that gren skill is not only judged by his mortar shots by also by how he is moving. I would say knowing how to move makes a lot bigger difference than knowing how to shoot with mortar accurately as it will give you more chances and opportinuties to hit and also to survive more.

If something has to be changed, its movement in my opinion.
    But I would not like that because I love dodging 50cals and then killing the Apc, lol

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  5. Sitka

Sitka Member

The RPG/Mortar is one weapon. Mines aren't that heavy. As for ammo, riflemen can carry HMG + 2 ammo boxes, so unless you're going to nerf all ammo...

The whole point of a shaped charge is that it doesn't work like an HE-shell/warhead.
    Mortars are piss easy to reload, so it would be hard to lower its ROF in any reasonable way. Maybe force putting down the shells on the ground before rapid firing. Though i still think it's fine as is.
    Besides RPG kills are fun, and you wouldn't want it to be like the HL2DM wonderweapon.

Shottypistol/rpg kills are so satsifying. This makes me happy.

6. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

trickster please don't nerf anything for fuck sake

7. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I'd say dont fuck with falloff anymore.

Goldpires had like next to no falloff. Enter one (forgot number) version that falloff got buffed beyond belief and we have people dealing 10 dmg instead of 40.
    Candles, bro, if your mortar cannot reach it and dude is too far away, then why are holding a shotty?
    That is, unless I missed a patch that made pistols shitty yet again.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013