What are our priorities for 2.0+ going to be?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Destroyer224, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

Not sure if thats quite true for the larger games - theres some bits where having someone to give the comm a hand could still be good. most of the ideas for this that I've read (unless i missed a thread) have kept the person in the field most of the time and just given them extra powers.

2. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

I would like a more detailed HUD, not necessarily a minimalist one. Just one that isnt blue boxes, maybe get some cool machine design or something. And also a different HUD for the NF, make it look more scrap yard-ish.

3. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

maps and maybe new skills. I don't think the game needs large and ultimately pointless changes.

4. Petko

Petko Member

infantry research is the one I want most... im even thinking about modelling two shotguns to put into the research tree
    also the seperate infantry research tree could require an armory as vehicle/turret upgrades require a radar now

5. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

It would be awesome to have ranks unlock not upgraded weapons, but entirely new ones. Like start with clunky "mass produced" weaponry, and like the engineer gets a second turret at 40, other classes get a new range of SMG, pistol, rifle, rocket launcher, etc, at level 20 and 40. Maybe instead of just adding damage, it would bring advanced options with it.

But this would probably be too hard to do, and too much like Battlefield 2.

6. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

I want to see a better selection of defensive buildings. Short walls, Medium Walls, Tall Walls (with Infatry paths on them), Bunkers, Towers...etc. More things to actually build that serve a purpose.

More upgrades would be nice, Rifleman only has 3 upgrades, to where the Engineer or the Scout has way more. Also, the ability to change ALL of the loadout spots, like instead of Armor for the Rifleman, they get another gun, or a Sprint Pack for running really really fast across far distances. Stuff like that.

7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

timed mines would help loads killx.. less planting mines and then waiting for people to come along and expload them, less detonating mines after you die. 8 mine trick would be replaced with the oldest mine just disapearing.

8. Grizzly

Grizzly BEAR SIZED DOORS

I'm gona keep working on maps, got two in the pipes for now with a third just for luls (blimps...)

TBH though, i'd like to see some more polishing for effects in general

9. KILLX

KILLX Banned

you never said that, and honestly, you dont even need timed mines to have the oldest mine vanish

10. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I think timed mines would add variety, but that wouldn't be my priority.

New vehicle and building models
    A thorough optimization of the maps (and visual updates too)
    More polish and UI redesign.
    Infantry Research

11. arklansman

arklansman Member

I hear fire_embers calling Krenzo's name. :rolleyes:

12. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

Well, since this thread has become a wishlist for what we would like to see in the near future, I might aswell post my own wishlist.

1)Bunkers. I like the idea of different wall versions too, but I absolutely want bunkers with an option that lets the commander choose it's weapon loadout. I doubt it would be hard to implement, since krenzo could use the vehicle customization code for it. Hey, I just got a great idea! You could also put custom armor on the thing too! Customzing your defenses with the proper weapons/armor just like you do with tanks would be so awesome. A new button could be added next to the 'recycle' option when you've selected a bunker as commander

3-slot .50 cal and DUMG bunkers with a few bio/plasma/HE MG bunkers mixed in for shits and giggles and composite armor, that cost 1100 res apiece because the commander put 6 plates of armor on each side FTW!

2)Infantry Research. It would obviously solve the problem of grens and infantry lacking the power they need in the late-game by improving the guys on the ground at the same time as you improve the tanks they work alongside.

3)More Awesome Effects. Tanks on fire after they're destroyed, (could be used on turrets and a few other buildings as well to designate that they were destroyed) Bio/Plasma MG bullet effects, such as a heatwave kinda deal that follows after a plasma shot, whether it be cannon or MG, a small gas cloud when a bio MG/ML hits... ect.

13. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

I would also like to add that yeah, more polish never hurts. But also, I think now things are functioning well enough that more focus could be made on giving each side more unique features. What exists is certainly interesting right now, but the difference isn't enough to force you to consider adopting different strategies for each side. So, like, right now it's at Warcraft 1 style difference, when I think the game could move up to a starcraft style no-units-the-same level of difference. This would take a MASSIVE amount of work, so that kind of thing might be after planes. But it could certainly be considered now.

Also, I got your horn sound effects right here.

14. Lithium

Lithium Member

Dear Krenzo

I've been a good boy all year and all I want for christmas are these features to be in empires 2.5 (or 3.0 whatever you decide to call it)

-New models for vehicles and buildings
    -Different Models for each class
    -an easier to use f menu (and you can bind comands to keys)
    -new NF voices (we're allready working on that)
    -Infantry research
    -New HUD (we're allready working in that)
    -more defensive structures
    -vehicle customization button at menu (to save loadouts and mess around with it before you play)
    -The manual having a button on the menu screen
    -new menu backround (allready wokring on it)
    -no lv 3 turrets in conquest maps

Hopefully you can get your worker elves to work somthing out

Sincerely, Lithium

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  15. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

Lets get that mine defusal progress bar in.

16. Silk

Silk Mapper

Green is what i'd like to see :)

And those from KnightTemplar:
    New vehicle and building models
    A thorough optimization of the maps (and visual updates too)
    More polish and UI redesign.

17. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Hey.. silky you don't want vehicle horn sounds?

BTW...We need to implement "/me" command... thats just VERY important.

/me wants "/me" command to work!

18. theotherjms

theotherjms Developer

I just can't let a wishlist thread die without the Make another player Squad Leader suggestion. No squad voting, no kick SL function, nothing fancy, simply the SL marks a player in the squad menu and clicks "promote this player to squad leader". I have been in so many situations where this would be useful.
    Also, yay infantry research!

19. Avair

Avair Member

is this the 5th time destroyer mentions bunkers?

20. Silk

Silk Mapper

Ah yes, that one too !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.