What are our priorities for 2.0+ going to be?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Destroyer224, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

I was wondering, now that 2.0 is out, (and a huge sucess might I add) what will the devs be focusing on for the future of Empires?

We all know that Aircraftz and Infantry Researches are close to the top of the list, but what about other things (Like bunkers;) )?

2. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

I think a cool thing would be 4 teams. We can support 40 players so 4 cvs would be cool 10v10v10v10

3. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

i REALLY want to see the leutenant commander thing- i think that would ease up the learning curve by a shitload, which would help hook--and keep--newbies.

4. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

I defenitely can't see four teams being very high up on the priority list, but Lt. commanders is something I hope may be considered for implementation, while the aircraft models are finnished up or something. Of course everything is ultimately decided by the Mighty One (A.K.A: Krenzo).

5. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I'm not interested in adding more teams. What happens when a team is destroyed? They either have to sit out for the rest of the match or they join a team that is still around. Then you end up with the same thing we have now, two teams.

The LT commander thing is worthless because it takes another player from the battlefield where they're needed.

I'm planning on getting client-side vehicles working like I always wanted to ease up on the server load.

I want to start adding infantry research of some kind, probably starting with increasing RPG rocket strength since that starts sucking later in the game.

6. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Don't forget:

1)Client side sound
    2)Boats on watter (In the air would be cooler tho) I WANT THE "RED OCTOBER" SUB!
    3)Vehicle Horns
    4)Multi use Tank(Changing the tank top to be anti-air, apc, anti-tank, anti-personnel) Duno if that idea died or not
    5) !!!!!!!!!! BLIMPS !!!!!!!!!!

7. Avair

Avair Member

you could add 1 more team and still have it be 2v2 on most maps, basically just another tech line

8. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Sounds awesome krenzo :D

We should find someone that is awesome and can make a new vgui and hud.

Things I really want to finish for 3.0 is the new weapons, new vehicle chassis and new graphical crosshairs. I'm working on the weapons right now. of course which all will only eb used if they are good enough ;o

I've made a list of things I want to give a shot at changing, all in the limits of current code:
    -weapons
    -armor
    -engines
    -weapon icons (needed for the new weapons)
    -graphical crosshairs
    -props
    -vehicle presets
    -female player model ;DDDDDD (haha I've been actually working on this one)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  9. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

No one came up with the sound effects. I said I would code them for 2.0 if I got sounds.

10. Avair

Avair Member

krenzo in big games grenadier rpgs are already a pain in the ass late game

11. nuke

nuke Member

More weapon like bio guns
    anti tank sniper rifles
    demo packs
    tracking pistols so units can keep track of the enemy
    new types of body armor
    female player model
    upgraded eng tool
    mini scout bots

well thats all I got

12. REX

REX Member

Well Im guessing planes will take a long time to balance.
    and then theres maybe that new hud, voices and other stuff.

But one thing, I cant remember if this have been decided or what, but how are planes going to be shot down ?

will ML and MG turrets also log on to air units or will there be a third AA turret. Or will they be slow enough for us to shoot them down with the current boomtanks/RPGs and stuff ?.

13. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

you must be fucking kidding me. by pain in the ass, you do mean that it's a pain in the ass to fire SIX rockets into the back of a tank only to have it kill you in two shots. then repair itself.

my wish list

-Free skill not requiring squad or better yet no free skill at start
    -Commander powers instead of commander mass attack this location ability
    -Pressing Use on a mine turns it into a timed mine... removing 8 mine trick in process
    -More effect from being hit by an explosive while you're in a vehicle (like being hit by a rocket and rocking onto two wheels)
    -Minimalist HUD
    -Jeeps take damage from ramming other vehicles
    -Better late game grenadiers
    -Easier to drive jeeps

14. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I'd like the ability to do NF vs NF and BE vs BE maps, like good vs rogue guys.

15. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

-Different view models on vehicles when they have different weapons on. For example rail guns would be very long tubes on tanks and so on.

-When a tank has missiles on it there should be a block for those missiles where they are coming from. Currently all the missiles come from nowhere. Also especially on BE's AFV, or was it APC, MG fire comes aside the turret from nowhere too.

16. sergeant mkoll

sergeant mkoll Member

-more defensive structures for the aircraft version, besides just anti aircraft turrets and walls
    eg. bunkers and towers with manable guns + ammo and health, and the ability to place turrets on walls
    maybe level 4 and level 5 turrets
    -NF heavy tanks having a better turn speed as they're very slow turning, much slower than the BE heavy at turning

17. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

Would you per-chance need some help on those new weapons/researches, Dizzyone? I could always help come up with names/ideas if you're still stuck on that part.

I've been wanting bunkers for so long... I also had an idea about them, if you guys have time to listen. The bunkers could have a little platform or something on top of them that lets you place turrets for a better height advantage and to make them much harder to hit. This way the bunker still serves a purpose even when nobody is using it. What do you guys think?

18. KILLX

KILLX Banned

how does that stop 9 mining? you could still drop 8 normal mines and then a 9th.

if anything, it makes it easier, just set the last mine to timed, run like hell, get a vantage point to finish off anything that survives.

19. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

-a hovercraft (not sure how this would be balanced) but itd have to be very lightly armoured and possibly have a manable machine gun somewhere (i.e. a passenger not the driver fires it) and itd be used mainly for transport (much more useful than swimming ;)) boats of course would also fix this problem ;)

- more protection, pillboxes, wall turrets etc (basically what mkoll said)

- different icons for different engine and armour types

20. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

What if instead of 4 factions CVs were tied to squads... like people have suggested... Lt. Cmdrs... that have mini-cvs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.