Wednesday August 10th 6PM UTC (1PM EST)

Discussion in 'Testing Discussion' started by Tama, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

This test is long overdue. The last test, almost a month ago, was cancelled because a game-breaking bug was found quite quickly - we've fixed that now, but in the interim none of the developers have had the time to test, release and patch, and so I'm sorry to say we haven't been able to make any progress in releasing 2.9.0.

Now that the bugs we've found are fixed, we want to rehost the gameplay test - the intention being to find more than just bugs, but any problems with the re-added concussion grenades, or the redone repairing mechanics. See the changelog thread for all the changes.

Please post here if you can make it; we hope to do three rounds.
    First a warmup on district402, when we have 16 players and both commanders we'll switch to cyclopean. Post your map suggestions for the next rounds.

I'm looking for commanders - in order to properly test the effects of the changed mechanics, we need to try for a fair game. Post here if you can command a game tomorrow night.

All going well, we will release 2.9.0 next weekend.

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I can be around for commanding.

3. Caelo

Caelo Member

I can join but it will likely be an hour in or so.

4. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

I'll be there.

5. Tama

Great! Two commanders is a good start - I'll post it around on steam.

6. Caelo

Caelo Member

ugh still stuck somewhere without a pc :( was the testing ok?

7. Tama

We played 4 rounds; district, cyclopean, crossroads and canyon. Nothing much out of the ordinary; cyclopean was stacked and too low pop anyway with 8v8, so it was over soon and for crossroads and canyon we did a draft between Spike and Lazybum.

I'm sorry that I misremembered, Xya; I thought you had posted you would command - as my answer up there shows, but clearly I confused yours and lazybum's messages.

Bugs reported:
    -The HUD is missing for a few players, consistently; in any case Spike - anyone who has this bug, please post screenshots and check if it is still present when you restart after verifying the game cache. I may contact you for more information. This is a release stopper.

-After destroying an enemy wall, Xya reported that the hitbox was still present; he had to destroy a neighbouring 1/3 wall as well to get rid of it.

-After passing the building limit, recycling a building did not give back one, so that - in this case - a refinery could still not be placed.

8. Tama

I've tried but failed to reproduce the building limit bug. Both on default and beta I tried setting the building limit to 4, reaching it, and recycling each building type in turn, in order to be able to build the next. :( Anyone else have any ideas to reproduce it?

9. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I was wondering if maybe engys can build past the building limit of a team but it counts against it, so say comm has 10 out of 10 max building limit but 5 engies build a turret so the building thing looks like 15/10, commander would have to recycle 6 buildings actually place a new one. It's just a guess though.

10. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Please send screenshots of the HUD issue

11. NekoBaron

NekoBaron Member

did you try spamming turrets as well? and building for both teams? It my have been how the test server was setup or a fault with crossroads.

Overall though, really didn't like the new hud for the health/ammo plus its incomplete at the skills menu is the old blue still.

12. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Invisible wall blocking vehicles bug at 14m20s.

After looking at it, it looks like it might have been sometinhg different that what I thought as there was never a wall there in the first place. My hypothesis is that it might have something to do with building limit. Maybe that last wall never got dropped and yet... something... something...?

13. Thexa4

Thexa4 Developer Staff Member Moderator

It looked like the small wall you deconstructed a bit later had a big collision box as you could drive through after the destruction.

14. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Overall I really didn't like HURTING YOUR FEELINGS EITHER ;-;

But yeah, it's a slow patch by patch rollout. So this patch was just the HUD

15. Smithy

Smithy Developer Staff Member Administrator

For whoever is working on the wall bug:
    Video of wall bug.
    I turned on visualising vehicle physbox for the video above (remove AddEffects(EF_NODRAW) in emp_building.cpp). Small walls are using the large wall model for its vehicle physbox, not sure the cause but a little more info for you.