Weapon changes

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Beerdude26, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

CHANGELOG

NOTE: The RC-client currently has the following settings for explosives:

-RPG does 105 damage
    -Mortar does 120 damage

To the devs: If possible, please change these values as fast as you can. Default values are 80 damage and 110 damage respectively.

Now, the actual reason for this thread is the following:

Because of ironsights, certain rifles may suddenly be vastly overpowered (I'm suspecting the NF AR here) because of the boosts rifles get when in ironsight mode. You can of course also post critiques on other weapons in this thread.

2. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Whose idea was it to make the scout rifles do 60 damage? It takes about 5 shots to kill a person when you consider the dampening due to range.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  3. Beerdude26

Mine :p

If you want, you can take off the range dampening. On the R&D server, the firing speed was around 2.5 shots per second, so that helped a lot in making kills. I agree, currently it's a tad useless.

4. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

why on earth is the range dampener still on? madness! take that crappy thing off

5. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

If I remove range dampening then people are going to snipe with the pistols and kill people in 2-3 shots.

6. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

Can you not just take it off for the scout rifle?
    I think you should play with the recoil for the rifles to balance them out.

7. Beerdude26

Pistols have range dampening? I always managed to snipe people with them nonetheless, so meh :p

Can't you just remove it for the scout rifle?

8. Goose

Goose Member

Problems I currently see with the scout rifle.

Low Damage, but it is outweighed by its ability to scope for long distances. In some of the maps, finding a camping spot with the sniper, the low damage isn't a big deal because you have time to fire 2-3 clips before people actually find you.

I would say increase the damage of the rifle slightly, lessen the clip to say 5, (weapon sway would be nice; although prolly hard to program), turn off the ranged damage decline.

9. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I thought it was only the scout rifle that had that =o I would also recommend taking it off for scout rifle if possible :)

Anyway, NF mine has to play through that little animation everytime before you can drop it, taking quite a bit of time to get some down.

Not sure if I like the RPG being one shot kill. too easy to snipe with

Iron sights could be a little quicker in coming up

10. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I like iron sights slow, so their not an imidiate reaction as soon as you run into someone- sometimes you want to just get some lead out.

11. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

To quote what I said in another thread...

Sure, the iron sights being slow might balance something, but it feels annoyingly clumsy.

12. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

all weapons feel like that right now

13. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

Just make range dampening affect less. At least to the scout rifle. And make the scout rifle kill anyone if you hit in them in the head.

14. ^Dee^

rpg is certainly something that needs changed. A single rocket can tear through two plates of standard armour and deal about 50% damage to tank hull

15. Silk

Silk Mapper

That seems more like a bug to me, no way it's that overpowered with these settings.

16. ^Dee^

It could be the old collision bug thingy where the velocity of the round hitting the tank is counted as the tank crashing in to something =o

17. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

What was wrong with the old mortar and rocket?

the only problem i saw with it is that hitting someone directly (not splash damage) wasn't enough to kill someone. that should be changed, but only that.

18. Goose

Goose Member

I think 1 shot kills with a scout rifle will be a joke. In a normal game sniping in DOD i get about 100 some kills in a good hour, with 40% of those being headshots. I dont want to have to walk around my character strafing left and right in an attempt to dodge a sniper class that shouldnt exist.

19. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Yesterday, before my computer blew up then, I was playing on District. One of the Brenodi had the seconds rifleman machine gun, forgot the name... anyway, I was being a scout, as I often am now the rifle finally has been nerfed, and I got 2 shots at that particular rifleman before getting killed from 2 to 3 bullets from his machine gun, this repeated itself about 7 times before I crashed, couldn't put up a fight.

20. Goose

Goose Member

The more and more I think about it though, after playing a map on 1.08 with a lot of people I noticed a few things. Spray and pray with a rifle is a joke. A guy can run side to side, spit out 30 bullets in 4 seconds getting 4 kills. At the rate the guns fire now, I think their speed should be cut in by 1/2. Yes it will be quite a change, but I think it will be much better.