[VIPER] Server

Discussion in 'General' started by vipervicki, Oct 20, 2015.

1. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

as most of you know by now I shut down my server. But due to all the messages wanting it back up, I decided to give my server files/folders to someone. Details are not worked out completely yet, but hopefully it will be soon. In the meantime I will put the server back up until it is transferred over.

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

This is, so far, the saddest week of 2015 with all those announcements being tossed around. Many fond memories come with the VIPER name, and it's really sad to see it go. Then again, I understand why you're doing it. I hope we'll still see you in the game though.

3. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

thanks Destroyer, I will definitely play and cant wait for it to be transferred to another owner. I hope it happens soon :)

4. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Thanks for all the good times Vicki, I appreciate all the help you given me during all those pugs too.

As a curiosity though, is vipers gonna be a server for some other game or the server going to be completely gone, along with the viper teamspeak which I assume was hosted on vipers too?

5. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

thanks lazybum and was my pleasure. Nope its going to stay VIPER Empires or maybe not VIPER I don't know but it will be the same Empires server as it is now just with a different owner and different dedi afaik.

6. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

Viper without Vicki will be like Nachos without a Juicebox. Thanks for all your help putting up and testing maps over the years.

7. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

was my pleasure Varbles and thank you :)
    I'll still be player so that VIPER tag will be around on and off the server.

8. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Vicki,

I was around last time you were thinking of closing shop, I'm sad to see it finally happen. I don't think there is anything more I can say that will do anything but detract from the pure truth to these words: it was an absolute pleasure, and thank you for all you have done for this community. Cheers.

9. complete_

complete_ lamer

This is just fucking devastating. If you want to see the death knell of Empires, here it is.

People underestimate active server owners who know the correct way to set up a server. Whoever you gave the server to will eventually give up and then nobody will get the server configs that made empires fun to play

10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

thank you for hundreds of hours of fun vicky :|ove:

11. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Don't go vicky, people wont have anyone to bitch to about bad admins anymore and bitch to ME instead.

12. Misfire

Misfire Always Lost

Thanks Vicki for bringing it back and working to find it a new home. Now if we could only calm the drama.

13. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

LOL BigTeef I'll protect ya!

You're welcome misfire :)

14. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Thanks Vicki for everything you've done. I'm pretty certain you helped extend the mod by a fair few years just by letting us always have a decent place to play! :D

15. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

thanks Ikalx :) But the good news is VIPER is and will be back for good, the same server as always. The new owner told me he will not be changing anything.

I want to thank everyone for their support and loyalty throughout the years. Even though we had our ups and downs, most of it was positive, and it's because of the majority appreciating and wanting VIPER Server to stay is what led me to the decision to hand it over to someone who I believe will do right by the server and its players.

AFAIK all VIPER admins stay VIPER admins, we have a great admin team despite the attempts by someone to undermine their hard work dedication and loyalty to VIPER.
    I couldn't have done it this many years w/o them.

16. Catface

Catface Member

Great to hear. :D

17. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

thank you for all the times viki/doc has let me and others use the pug server it has been a great help.

also the pugs have been key to keeping empires alive thank you very much.

18. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

There were only ups in viper server, because everything else had parachutes

i will miss the viper server even if its still around in one way or another

19. gunz

gunz Member

Been playing empires since release an always thought it was ahead of its time, sadly admit i havent been active in the community.

I remember asking you a question once playing and somebody said just say thank you. Im not a believer in blind faith and didnt understand but after alittle research i can say i honestly mean this.....

Thank you

20. complete_

complete_ lamer

[​IMG]