Vehicle Weapon Info

Discussion in 'General' started by Terminator-X29B, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Terminator-X29B

Terminator-X29B Member

Maybe some of you don't wanna see such a function like this ingame...but we are here to discuss about it...

Tell me about your first impression

^^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Is this a skill? Or just something that pops up? Does the red box come with it? I don't see the point in any case, it's not hard to see what weapon they are using thanks to sounds/particles/how it fires.

3. Terminator-X29B

Terminator-X29B Member

Its just a little information system (popup like tank armor/only for team) above tank/apc/afv...whatever...red boxes unimportant.

Simple idea...created in few minutes

Like it or not :P

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

if there would be a lot different weapon/armor/engines and not just 1 upgrade per type and a 2nd armor later, it could make a cool new skill if youd show the complete loadout like this (without actual plate info like armor detection does).

but since it usually is more or less 1 upgraded item per category and maybe a 2nd armor later, it isnt really useful (as skill). you would only need it for 2seconds on 1 player per team. maybe a 2nd time like 4 minutes after heavies to assure nothing changed. though - you dont need this to tell if they have nukes.

it could be a certain prewarning, but i doubt it would be useful enough to justify a skill slot for the same reasons as above. you might not know on first contact, but on 2nd and 3rd and and and

maybe for comm selection because it would look very "RTSy", but i dont see the real use there either.

Terminator-X29B likes this.
  5. Terminator-X29B

Terminator-X29B Member

Haha, was only an idea...no demand for implementing it ;)

6. flasche

we're just talking about it aint we. im no dev i have no say in nothing :D

btw stylewise i dont find it unfitting at all - its just like lazy said, not very useful in the end, definately not enough for a skill - though ofc you didnt say it should be a skill. your screenshots are same-team, i just assumed its meant as skill. you didnt provide a lot of infos.

7. complete_

complete_ lamer

it would work better for armor/engine, since you can usually tell what the weapons are

8. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Wasn't it suggested that armor detection also tell you what armor it had? Sounds familiar.

9. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

I like it; it would help for new players who would see for instance, all the APCs have this weapon. Oh well, must be a reason for it; and boom, a noob gets an HEMG APC without requiring any instructions, just because he can recognize the icon.

I imagine it as; when you stare at a friendly vehicle for a second, it appears. Perhaps if you have a certain skill (replacing armour detection, since it shows more than just armour), it also appears for enemy vehicles.

Terminator-X29B likes this.
  10. Ranger

Ranger Member

nONONONON. While I like the idea. I can't have more icons on my screen hiding the enemy. Rectangles, names etc already prevent me from having a clear view. I would prefer if it was displayed every time you looked at a friendly tank, along with the armour on the bottom left. That would be good. And as for enemy tanks, it could be a built in skill of the scout, or an addition to armour detection of the grenadier. Since I mentioned the scout may I suggest the addition of another tank skill that I dreamed about last night (lul); faster loading speed. Maybe a boost of 10% or 25%. Scout tanks would be a think, Probably OP, I'm just leaving this idea here.

flasche likes this.
  11. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

I actually formulated some ideas a while bake to show this with models and textures on the vehicles.

12. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Wouldn't be a bad idea, know what the enemy has to counter it (Then some harder counters could be introduced once again) since you could see what the enemy has.

13. flasche

tbh i find the current inter-tank-balance pretty good, all items i had to use so far were quite ok, everything felt and had to be used slightly different, while nothing was completely useless and instantly fucked you over because of a single bad comm pick. 1 on 1 encounters end sufficiently fast, and even tho personally i would prefer deadlier tank combat in general, i have to admit i think security did rather decent job so far.
    yet hard counters are no requirement for deadlier, but they are a requirement for bad comm pick fucks you over.

14. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Remove Scout Rifle, make this a scout ability with a cool down + ability to "hard mark" targets for the whole team (like commander targets) once every 30 seconds for example.
    Make scout an actual recon class. Sorry - didn't mean to derail this into a scout discussion. But this is exactly the kind of thing that would make a scout actually diverse and useful.

15. flasche

but you would only need it maybe two or three times over the course of a round. its not like research suddently changes, once you know it the skill is a complete waste as all tanks will have armor x, engine y and weapon z.

i do think this info should be available tho, but in the form of textures/materials (armor), attachments (weapon models) and particles (engines) and for everyone.