Vehicle handling problems with Scripts RC3

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Trickster, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

It was an early version of RC4, in which standard engine has been substantially buffed from RC3. So I'm not sure how that's possible. The difference between RC4 and RC3 (with respect to standard engine) is that the engine should "pick up" much faster, and be way better at climbing hills. I didn't change the handling of anything since like 2-3 years ago, so I don't know if you were having some placebo effect. Standard engine is slow, always has been. Because it's standard.

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

It climbs way better than in RC3, checked that myself a few hours before the pug.

But I kept spinning out with a fission BE med on forest.

3. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Yeah, it was slow as always, which is fine for standard, just the spinning feels even more out of place when you are so slow. And it wasn't placebo since i don't care at all about scripts, i first felt that strange spinning and after that realized that the server could run something changed. But it could have been the general "unresponsive feeling of the server" (dunno how to describe it better). Please go back to 33-ticks...

4. Sweetie Belle

Sweetie Belle Member

and still should. If you're having trouble replicating it, be more of a noob. Get a fast engine and a big tank and hammer the A key and don't let go of the throttle.
    "Fixing" this in particular removes a skill element in driving. A decent driver can handle a 3-phase NF heavy on uneven terrain.

The engine stalling out on flat-ish terrain while not overheated, yeah, fix that if that happens.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Actually, it's heavily ping based. If you fire up a local server, it's actually quite difficult to spin it out without using the handbrake. Shove sv_cheats 1 on, then net_fakelag 200, and you'll spin all over the place. I'm not sure why but I think it's something to do with the the turn-right command coming in whilst turn-left is still active, or vice versa. Hence the vehicle spins out.