Trickster wtf?

Discussion in 'Coding' started by ViroMan, Feb 9, 2014.

1. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

What did you set your med & heavy weights at?

2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Heavy is at 5k and med is at 3k. I will probably lower med a tad though. Since its still a bit too heavy for the heavy to push. I might just bump up HP in all tanks though I can counter that with gearing and weight.

I would have to lower meds weight to the same as the jeep 800 for the heavy to be able to push it from stop up against it. I mean... even the heavy has issue pushing the jeep from stop. How sad is that?

I wonder if it would be possible for candles to auto lower the surface properties of objects that are getting pushed? That in itself is asking a lot. I can at least tell that. IF it is possible with the current engine that would make things soo much easier. Its just retarded that a heavy with 2k+ HP can't push an empty jeep, let alone just fucking crush it. WTF is wrong with that picture?

3. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

What speeds are you going to give the Heavy tanks? I liked the suggestion that they should be slow, lumbering beasts, but that might give problems with getting up hills.

4. ImSpartacus

You can get them up hills at very low speeds, but then they will hit their top speed almost instantly on flat ground.

But if the top speed is low enough, then it doesn't look bad to see them go from 0 to max super quick.

I don't think Viro man is going to change speeds much at this time. "Slow" heavies would be fucking awesome, but making today's heavies slower and changing nothing else is kinda meh.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  5. ImSpartacus

Pfff, the heavies in Spartacuspires weighed 8000. Get on my level.

6. ViroMan

Currently they go the same speed. Just takes more time to get to that speed. They are heavier and the gear ratio is lowered. They can still climb hills(from stop) just fine. NOT arid though. I will probably lower top TOP speed to around ~70kph( with 3phase and scunt).

I haven't even tried your sparticuspires in a while updates?

7. ImSpartacus

It keeps breaking every time there's an update and I had a router change that makes it difficult for me to host listen servers. So it's kinda dead at this point, but I learned how the scripts worked, so it's a resounding success.

8. ViroMan

Beg someone to host your version? Its not like it would be demanding on them since, low population and all that.

9. ImSpartacus

My goal isn't to compete with stock empires.

I started Spartacuspires when the dedicated servers weren't even functional. I set it up so anyone could join, but people could download stuff and fuck around with some goofy additions if they liked.

Now that the dedicated servers are populated, it's uncomfortable to continue. I don't want to cause any tensions between the existing servers and some two but start up.

But if viper ever died, I would seriously think of organizing a server and it would probably have Spartacuspires.

10. ViroMan

no I mean... it needen't be a full sized server make it 5v5. Its just so you can continue mucking around with the scripts after all since you said your router fucks you over. Its easier to make changes when you have others giving you input on your changes like how shit feels or what they think should change.

11. ImSpartacus

Obviously I wouldn't turn down such an opportunity, but I'm not ready to seek it out at this point.

Even in those ideal circumstances, it would be hard to maintain Spartacuspires through all of the updates. Coincidentally, that's the time where it's least necessary, as development is most active.

Besides, I'd like to learn how to make maps and cheat with textures. A texture cheat pack would be more important than an updated set of scripts. THAT might get some shit fixed.

12. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

inb4Spartacuskillsthegame

13. ImSpartacus

I try my best. <3

14. 101010

101010 Member

Could always see if you could put it on one of the other viper servers. From time to time

15. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Learn to map?

Hammer is fun, if you have the right mindset you might be able to enjoy it a lot.

16. 101010

101010 Member

Textures are easy.
    Download gimp.
    Download the valve plugin.
    Then do what ever you want to a texture.
    Export it.
    Then create the text file.

Gimp also can save presets.
    You do one of the objects set everything how you want it. Then for every other item you want the same way just load the preset and export.

If you want I could make a texture pack for you later this week.
    What all would you like ?
    for people what colors you want them to be?
    Last time I made them for a clan on dod.
    it was red w/ yellow heads vs blue w/ green heads.

17. ImSpartacus

Shit, that sounds easier than I expected. I knew textures had to be edited by photoshop or whatever, but I'm a bit surprised.

In particular, I wanted to make certain things flash to improve visibility, primarily mines & scouts. I suppose you could make animated textures, eh?

I think I'll give this one a stab, since my primary goal is to just learn a bit more about this shit.

18. ViroMan

well there goes all the changes I was making to the scripts... all wiped out. Empires updated and wiped my changes out. Duno if I have the hart to go through that shit again. All the files say 4/13 so when the swappable maps update hit thats when all the scripts related to vehicles got overwritten.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  19. ImSpartacus

Next time work on copies of chassis so you can have seamless compatibility with whatever Trickster & Friends cook up. That's how Spartacuspires worked. Critical scripts like the chassis directory might get nuked, but that's trivial to fix.

And seriously though, if you give up, I'll have to do it and it'll be hilaribad.

20. ViroMan

I was working with a batch file to replace the tanks. It got too damn tedious to open vehicles and run down to my copies of the vehicles... also something was not working right with them when I did a vehicle_flush. The picked up the standard variants of themselves instead of the ones in the script I was working on. I added them properly to the other scripts so I duno what was wrong there.. That is why I started working with the main scripts themselves.