Tribes Ascend

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BloodRaven, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Reznov

Reznov Member

Hey dont make sentinel (My favorite class) look bad, it takes skill to pin-point hit something that moves pretty fucking fast and unpredictable. Any other class relies on splash damage which is really easy to hit with if the target is on ground... which is most of the time. Also I like to use the Shrike a lot, best fucking vehicle to catch flag carriers... yet hard to maintain because Homing Rocket faggets with no skill lock on to your ass in an instant and to hit the rocket itself with Shrike bullets is ridicilous.

I think this game is good but it is so terribly unbalanced it's not even funny. They reward people using the disc throwers like impact grenades on the floor more than they do with other weapons, i.e. Disk Thrower and Sniper Rifle (CHARGED AT MAX WHICH TAKES SOMETIME ACCORDING WHAT YOUR DOING / 3-10 seconds) do the same damage. I mean there's a sniper rifle that has no charge BUT it costs about 100k experience points and my fucking god do you have to be a hardcore gamer to get that anytime soon. Also money faggets as always money faggets gain advantage... love this kind of way companies are thinking to earn money by forcing people to waste money to become better. *facepalm*

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

well why do you play that games then? if noone would play such titles, it wouldnt be a successful pricing model ...
    but well, wishful thinking i guess ...

3. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

Reznov... you dare speak ill of the spinfusor, GET OUT

4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

The spinfusor is the iconic gun of the game whole series, how on earth can you condemn it reznov.

5. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Played tribes.for bout 2 hours, got bored of it.

6. Reznov

Reznov Member

Cuz straight flying impact splash damage. Hate it when I get killed by anything similiar so I really don't like that weapon. I enjoyed the first tribes but this one went too far to the CoD direction.

7. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

The only way this is anything like Call of Failure is the leveling and unlocks, and retarded medals. old school Tribes players don't care about achievements. they just like to mid-air the crap out of people.

8. Reznov

Reznov Member

Yes. Love dat mid-air surfing action. Mid-air sniping while scoped on a mid-air pathfinder class which has your flag is just awesome.

9. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

well and the hitscan rifles but they thankfully took those out. It's more like League of Legends because you actually have to pay if you want to play with a loadout you want. aka hi-rez makes money for nothing.

10. FN198

FN198 Member

varbles pretty much sums up tribes ascend completely. it's a terrible step backwards for the tribes franchise, even legions overdrive is better.

11. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

62 kills in a CTF match, sigh. skill level, why you so low:confused:

12. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

How do you rack up so many kills? D:

13. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

I played the real Tribes games. that and killing these "people" is like bot stomping. (I'm sorry if I insulted any AI who use this forum.)

14. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

If only I knew how great Tribes was, I'd probably have played some of the earlier games. Sadly, I never really bothered looking it up. Anyway, send me a message on steam when you're going to play, okai? I want to learn from thy master. :D

15. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

and im done with this game. any time you get into a fight with heavy with the x1mg or whatever it is shooting its green shit at over 200RPM all he has to do is ski backwars and hold LMB, and win.

16. Reznov

Reznov Member

told u bro, all CoD n shit.

17. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Free to play is as stupid as military intelligence. F2P in reality means unbounded money paid per client mixed with milking those that play for free for "community".

18. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

The only thing i would even consider paying for is the Spinfuisor for the medium. thats it, if i want to farm xp I can resharpen my skills as a light/medium, or take the lazy rout, go tech, place turrets, and let the xp roll in. as it is, exp is usless for the most part. and the people who want to "level faster" are so stupid its not funny. your level in that game means NOTHING.

19. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

It was just released on steam, and for one of the key features it has is this:
    Oh of course it isn't pay to win, I mean, 100,000 xp weapons are so in league with ones worth 1000 gold. Those poor noobs will be at the mercy of Doombringers and Brutes.

20. Castrol GTX

Castrol GTX Member

Yeah I remember an upgraded Doom with the Heavy perk where when you hit him while skiing it damages you. So he paid money to sit on the flag and snipe vehicles and chaingun spam, and drop several forcefields or mines, basically making him the biggest douche in the world.