The Squad Screen

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by knighttemplar, Jul 11, 2006.

1. PJB

PJB Member

Yeah, better sqaud system ftw.
    i think there should also be more bounses for sticking with your squad leader. too many a time i've been a squad leader and found i've got random people with me, and my squad have run down the opposite side of the map totaly split up.

2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Plans to implement features like these have been made.

3. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I hope they will be executed well, and encourage squad operations.

Wouldn't it be wonderful, a Grenadier, 2 Engineers and 2 Rifleman going around would be wonderful.

4. thaile

thaile Member

I think a simpler solution to the squad screen would be to have predefine squads. For example when someone not in a squad opens the squad menu it should show join squad A,B,C, or D, instead of the create squad and join squad it does now. One of the best thing about this is that you don't have to find someone in a squad to send a request to join.

Another thing I would like is to do away with the request to join altogether. At the beginning of a round it's easy to join a squad, because not a lot is happening yet and the squad leader can respond, but if you join later the squad leader might be to busy to accept your request.

5. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Truly wonderful Sliff. I think of Fog of War being that which your team cannot see. I showed it as a radius around a soldier, which unless they are in a big open field, it wouldn't be. I just want a bit of gray on the map that shows you what your troops can't see. The maps are decieving, because you can see so far, but enemy units don't appear on the minimap. I mostly want something that quantifies unit field of view. I was hoping this could lead to greater squad particiapation. Wonderful

6. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Do I detect a little sarcasm? I also noticed my concerning post was somehow lost.

7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

there already is a kind of fog of war, where you can't see enemies on minimap unless they are in the view of your allies. but don't fog it, or we won't be able to see the terrain.

8. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Oh, well not a lot of fog, just a little bit, enough to see what exactly you see.
    Sliff, do you mean lost as in gone, or lost as in, lost to me specifically?

9. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

I still want a new sqaud system to be in this game. I hate having to look at someone and then press all those damn buttons and wait for them to OK it just to get in a squad.

10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i agree,, sometimes it takes me forever to get in one

11. Caelo

Caelo Member

me too

this one caught my attention

12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Squads should be automatic. when you are close enough to another player, you become a "pair", with a few small benefits. then, when there are 3 or more people close, you become a "squad", and you automatically get the icons for the other players health appearing in the top left.

once in a squad, you can use the F menu to become the squad leader. if there is already a squad leader, then you can request to become squad leader, which requires the squad leader's permission to relenquish authority.

there would be more bonuses for being in a squad, such as decreased ammo box re-build time for the engy, and increased speed / regen / revive?? for all members?

13. Caelo

Caelo Member

maybe just automatically see what they see on the minimap... like if they point at a enemy ref it will show up on the minimap of squad members only..

for it to be on everyones minimap youll have to spot it

14. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

I like this :)

15. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

Yes! Great suggestion.
    Do this.

16. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

That is a great suggestion, could these squads be permanent? Like, can you choose to stay in the group no matter how far away you are (maybe bonuses lessen/disappear with distance?)

17. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

yeah, it would be something like that they have to be within 20 meters to first start the squad, and then you have to be 50 meters away before you are removed. this would be from the squad leader, i guess.

18. thaile

thaile Member

Well if you implement distance base squads then the free skill you get would have to be replace with something that's automatic.

For example
    engineer - build faster / heal faster?
    scout - gets that reveal enemy skill
    rifleman - accurecy
    grenader - mine defuse

Most of these skill makes sense in a squad since like the scout would want to be actively searching for enemy for the squad to kill or the grenader since he doesn't have to worry about getting shot in the back he can concentrate on defusing the mine. Same goes for rifleman and engineer.

19. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

sounds good. personally, i would give all the members of the squad a small amount of health regen, too.

20. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i just want to be able to get in a squad with out chasing down ppl tryin to get them out of there tanks