The plan for where we're going - Tester access and Steam tests (Today and onwards)

Discussion in 'News' started by Trickster, Jan 26, 2011.

1. ViralHatred

ViralHatred Member

Engineers were heavily underplayed when Empires first came out. Either by them remaining at base or just not even being fielded.

I tried to compensate because I always enjoyed bringing a tank back from the brink so it can wreak havoc again.

I'll admit, I am here for the tester access. I used to have a login on this forum, but it mysteriously disappeared. And I first started Empires for the promise of dropships, but soon found a love of it's RTS-FPS feel.

2. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

You should be off killing the enemy so there wouldn't be a need to repair me!
    Offense = Best Defense!

3. ViralHatred

ViralHatred Member

Also I'd just like to say, I've not played since day one. I played when it came out, and dropped off the radar after a while. I've returned once or twice but never really stayed due to lack of finding a good community/clan.

4. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

lol thanks a bunch there.

5. ViralHatred

ViralHatred Member

I don't mean the Empires community. I mean a gaming community/clan. (There is a difference.) :|

6. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Just wondering, when Empires hits Steam, will my (soon-to-be-complete-) client be just updated with a few MBs or do I have to re-download it for the real Steam version after release?

7. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

U will need the version that will be released over steam AFAIK. Its (just) a ~2 gig DL over fast valve servers.

8. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I can do west coast testing times. Will there be week day tests? Weekends are no good for me.

9. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

We've been testing every night for a few hours from 8GMT onwards, but if any US dev wants to host tests at a more US friendly time, they are more than welcome to, the more tests the better. Hell, if you can put up with using the EU server, you can organise it yourself.

10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Yeah, just testing is fine with high ping. I only bitch when its competitive play. I can probably test every sing week night around 7 to 10 PST except Thursdays.

11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i just spawned into the game, and if i recall you where asking for heals

dont be a douche, all engies in your team are required in main some of the time, and some engies all of the time

the only danger is all of them all of the time or all of them none of the time