The Other Mods Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ^Dee^, Nov 26, 2007.

1. (2142)Gen.Reaper

(2142)Gen.Reaper Member

There is a mod called Tiberium based off EA's Commander&Conquer 3:Tiberium Wars look here!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/8840/tiberium

It is being made by a Russian Modding Community.(Yes there will be a english version)

It needs more Moddlers, UVW Unwrapers, and Texture makers.And people who apply textures to the models.

I just don't the mod to die.

Can anybody help the Tiberium Modcommunity

2. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I'm not friendly to people asking for help on other mods. We need just as much help as any other mod. People tell us our graphics suck and getting more artists would really help out in that dept.

Also, why would you put your faith in a mod that doesn't have any in-game pictures at all. It's obvious they're nowhere close to getting anything playable.

3. supaste

supaste Member

4. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

wow, that looks pretty good for HL1 =o is it a stalker mod or something? I definately rrecognise certain areas from the screenshots they have :P

5. supaste

supaste Member

Just played it for a bit. You play as a russian counter terrorist. I didn't get to far but it's very atmospheric what with creepy music comming on at the turn of every corner. The attention to detail with props is great though voice recording is poor.

Oh and I don't think it has anything to do with stalker.. especialy as it's been in development since before HL2.

6. ^Dee^

Ish an ok mod. The metal music ruins the atmosphere and weapons just don't feel right :P

7. Deiform

Deiform Member

I know another mod. His name is dizzyone. Also there was this guy called Bodrick who could mod.

Man I'm hilarious.

8. REX

REX Member

9. ^Dee^

I think it's a medieval melee combat game. I don't think anyone bothered about it (despite it getting a lot of hype about a year ago) and the lead guy (if it's the mod I'm thinking of) is a bit of a prick.

10. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

It's a very pretty mod and got some great detail in it. It was a little rough around the edges when I first played but they'll fix it no doubt.

Their melee system is pretty neat though it takes some getting used to. Too bad it still looks like people are running around slapping instead of engaging each other.

11. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I think the whole "final" announcement meant to say that they're done with the mod and not working on it anymore.

12. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Probably, but I never tried their second release.

13. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

Zombie Panic: Source is coming out tomorow (Friday).

Alien Swarm: Infested is going to cost money, I hear.

14. ^Dee^

You'll still be able to download and play for free. Just the extra stuff you'll have to pay for (last I heard)

15. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Alien Swarm: Infested looks a lot like Shadowgrounds...

16. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

what the name of the american revolution game? found that the same day i found empires (i think).

17. sergeant mkoll

sergeant mkoll Member

melee system on battlegrounds sucks
    its more luck than anything else, you can be starring someone in the face point blank range melee and miss
    then they hit you in the face and instant kill first time when aiming for your chest (sword fighting is the worst, its easier to kill with a baonet)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  18. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

I finnally brought myself to use a stickied thread... Ugh, I think I'm gonna be sick just from posting.

Insurgency was aight, but come on! Hostile Intent was SO much more fun on hl1, hopefully it'll kick ass on HL2 as Pheonix Rising (I think).

Alien Swarm was way before shadowgrounds (unless there was a previous older shadowgrounds games, which I wouldn't doubt, I might've played it), and it was for Unreal Tournament. Had ALOT of fun on that mod. It was tactically twitchy and did one of the best jobs making teamwork important than any other game I've played. There is something about Unreal mods that just seem to run smoother than source mods. x.x Even HL1 mods are smoother as well. They just don't seem to be as choppy, but thats obvious regarding the gap in engine power. (And I'm not talking FPS wise).

19. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

oh yeah, hostile intent was AWESOME. now THAT was how to do a "realistic" shooter.

20. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

Dee, fistful of frags came out awhile ago, needs update.