The New Empires PUG #2 - Classical Edged Rainbow!

Discussion in 'General' started by Reznov, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Reznov

Reznov Member

2. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Thanks Reznov and doc for your hard work in getting the PUG organized. Nice turnout too, the server was close to full for a couple of maps.

3. 101010

101010 Member

@vicki can you clone the maps from the normal server to the pug server.

There was a few maps that people wanted to play but they was not on the pug server.

4. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

odd..I installed a new server for the PUG but then copied VIPER's maps over to the PUG server so every map on VIPER is also on the PUG server.

what maps are you referring to? Keep in mind the PUG server did not have a mapvote and on the mapcycle was only 4 maps that I was told to put on for the PUG. But all maps are there, an admin/PUG organizer could put any of them on.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  5. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

since many players stayed for more maps than planned I will put all playable maps on the mapcycle for next PUG

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I would prefer them being earlier too. I don't have to stay up to play, but the PUGs end real late for me anyways.

7. Redskull

Redskull Member

I'd prefer to play earlier as well, if possible.

8. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

You could push it back 3 hours earlier easy enough, that's 9 in the morning PDT and most of the west coast can be up by then easy enough. I think 5 hours would be the absolute max though and you will still hear a ton of complaints from west coast us about how early that is. I don't think 7 in the morning is terribly early, but I get up at 6 everyday anyway so I'm probably a bit biased on that opinion.

It's something you have to consider too, there's quite a few players from that time zone.

Then again it could simply be more of a pug for euros and asian players, it's just a question can you get that many people to fill the server?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  9. Drag0wn

Drag0wn Member

I'm on the west coast, and moving the pugs earlier to anything later than 7 I'd have to leave before it's over.

I don't mind getting up early to play empires.

10. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

hopefully the PUG organizers will take note about making it earlier and the PUGS are not just for players in Euro and Asia.
    That's why I asked them to have it one week on epic one week on viper, hopefully they will do that.