The Community Promo Video So Far (by me)

Discussion in 'General' started by MrBojangl3s, Jun 13, 2006.

1. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

The Community Promo Video DONE! (Check here)

Ok! I know some of you might think this sucks, and it shouldn't even deserve to carry the word "Empires" in it, but I did spend some time on it and I am willing to accept constructive critisizim towards another video.

I have low-quality versions compressed with DivX 6.2 at 103 mb. If you want a high quality version, that is no problem (The original video uncompressed is at 1.31 Gb). Just ask, and I will try and get it up somewhere (Badongo supports up to 1 Gb file uploads!) As soon as Google Video verifies my video I can also post a link to a streaming view.

Note: You need to download the "Windows Helper and Merger Application" to merge the files you download. No Spyware/Malware/Adware/Viruses, it's just to compress the files.
    Download (Badongo)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Whatever happened to the original plan, I found it extremely difficult to send in footage without having to compress the 6 gigs of videos. So, I decided to make one my own.

I've finished the first one (except for credits), and I plan to make more based on your input. This way we can have the greatest video depicting what we want to show the world. NO MORE WILL MAGAZINES CALL OUR MAPS "BLAND!" ( http://empires.cw-hosting.net/showthread.php?t=605 )

First question: How does this Empires logo look for the ending of the video?

[​IMG]

I kinda like representing NF and BE in the logo, but the colors are a little off (looks like they're faded almost, but it's just that I don't know the RGB values)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2006
  2. Jkun

Jkun Ban Hammer Manor Ruler

Is there any possibility that you could stick to the offical Empires logo? Consistancy seems prettier, to me.

3. Doggeti

Doggeti Former Developer

I agree with Jkun.

4. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Ok, I will work on getting the .gif logo that is in the top right corner of the homepage into there. That's what you meant right?

5. Jkun

Jkun Ban Hammer Manor Ruler

You betcha.

6. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Ok well, implemented it really doesn't look that good. Here is a screenie so you can make your own opinions:

[​IMG]

What I think I should do is use my old logo, but just do the metalitc color with white shadow like the Empires logo. And BTW, that font I used in my logo is the Empires font, or at least the .ttf I found in the mod directory.

7. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Let me try to make something higher res in photoshop... gimme a few ill report back if Im succesful

Edit: Just saw the forums Logo, its alot bigger... Look at the top of the forums

And my attemts arent anything worth mentioning...

8. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Ok well, the reason I am making a diffrent logo is think about it: No matter what form of the Empires Official Logo I use, it won't look good against a black background. And there's no way I could match up the colors; even if I did that big of blue background wouldn't look good. I definitly don't possess the Photoshop or Premier skill to make certain parts transparent.

Here is the final rendition of the logo, and what I am most likely to stick with if no one brings anything else to my attention:

[​IMG]

9. cpugeek

cpugeek Member

Dude, you can't just make your own logo for a mod thats not yours. Thats just plain rude and unneccesary. If anything, try duplicating it. I believe the font is just times new roman.

10. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Sheesh! I'm not making an official logo, I'm writing "Empires" at the end, so the viewer is left with "ALL THAT WAS IN A MOD? I WANNA PLAY IT!". In no way does it imply or am I trying to make this THE Empires logo. I will do as you suggested, and try Times New Roman... and btw, that is probably the closest I can ever get to duplicating it. So, according to you, I'm not just making a logo for a mod that's not mine. EVEN MY MUSIC IS ROYALTY-FREE AND I CREDIT IT!!!! :: cries ::

ok, here is empireslogoFINAL2.jpeg:
    [​IMG]

11. Half-Life_Maniac

Half-Life_Maniac Member

That looks better.

12. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Ok well, I rendered the work area, and watched the entire vid. It seems pretty ok, and if this gets one gets shot down by the community I am ready to make another. Hopefully people will actually LIKE this however :) I'm probably going to render it either tonight or tomorrow morning, depending on how bad I want to use the computer without it lagging.

13. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

First one reminds me of the C64 days :)

14. Angry

Angry Junior Member

The project never went "Down the pipes" I didnt get enough footage from diffrent people Sure there were some long clips but I just wanted a variation in parts of the gameplay or mabey its just me, either way I spent the last week running linux because of a a huge OS problem with Windows XP pro. took me forever to fijnd an iso with SP1 on top of that. Either way I'm back, the project was handed over to geek about 7 hours ago when I was still running linux.

15. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Ok, well, if you think about it from my point of view, I didn't really hear anything, my messages weren't answered (I think maybe 1 or 2), and I had no idea what happened. In all cases, I still could make my own video because it's too hard to send you all the footage. I finished it and have it uploaded. I'm going to either edit this post or make a new one.

16. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

all of those "empires" look very nintendo-e

17. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

Have you guys seen brodericks videos? He's made some good/funny ones.

18. [RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu

[RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu Member

I like the last too logos very much.

19. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

Why thank you :) If anyone would like to use my server for amusing stuff and/or videos, PM me.
    I've had a bit of a mental block at the moment, but I'm thinking of doing a race track next.

20. Jimather

Jimather Member

why dont you try fading to a white background at the end ? then the official logo would look fine.