The barbarians at the gates

Discussion in 'General' started by Valiant, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Valiant

Valiant Member

The onlsaught is apon us, my friends. The newbies stand at the ready, preparing to launch an unbridaled assault apon the land. with them using such dastardly weapons as "How to get ammoz" and "lol snipah" how can we hope to survive? What will happen on the day when the gates are opened?

I fear for my sanity, as the sheer mass of the inane may cause me to have a breakdown, becoming a screaming lunatic the likes of which have never bee... oh yeah... him... uh... the likes of which have been seen on a quite regualr basis... wow... that kinda just, feel apart... uh... I kinda lost where I was going with this...

Anywho, With the fact that a new group of people coming in with no idea about the whole social deals with empires will be quite interesting. I wonder, what will change? Will a new clans form like crazy? Or will the old clans see a dramatic rise in membership? What will change about the reputations of those in the mod? Most of us "Vets" know each other fairly well, if only because we've been on the same server for a long time. I wonder, will the bonds between the clans crumble as the various groups separate?
    either way, it'll be interesting to watch. I wait in anticipation for the release of 2.0.

2. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

Nah, just CW. I kid I kid :].

Honestly, I think my head will explode on how ignorant these nubs are so i'll rage quit for a month and come back.

3. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Newbs rule. They never have any preconceptions about stuff. The worst is after they have been playing for like 3-4 days and think they are "good" and stop listening. Or some newb who thinks they are good teaches them all crappy stuff. I went back to 1.071 and I had someone following me around calling me a newb trying to steal my cv because I drove it out of base in a 5 person game. Gah.

4. Chahk

Chahk Member

YOUR head will explode!?! I fear to think what will happen to HSM once he comms a team full of n00bs for 3 minutes.

5. Pinworm45

Pinworm45 Member

Newbs = new player to the game
    Noob = new player to the game who's played Counterstrike and as such assu-KNOWS he KNOWS everything, and when you try to give them tips they will say "u *** i was pro in cs ***" and such, never taking advice, never listening, and generally being a jerk.

Helping newbs is good, and I always do my part, but helping people that don't care to be helped because they think they know everything, well.. not so much. Because you can't, really.

Most arn't like that though.

Still, I wonder how many times I'll see someone run into the comm, and charge the enemy base thinking it's a tank and they can shoot people with it xD.

6. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

I would PAY to see that! :D

7. Caelo

Caelo Member

quick! Krenzo set up a pay-per-view HSM channel!

8. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Whenever I'm in a game with Headshotmaster in the future and there are some noobs being noobs, I'm just going to go and make a sandwich for 20 minutes.

9. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Actually, seeing as noobs usually listened to Headshotmaster, he was always rather satisfied with their performance.

10. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Let's hope I won't spend most of my time making sandwiches then.

11. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Oh boy, Look at all these servers!

It's like fresh pie waiting to be eaten!

[​IMG]

12. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I seriously was thinking we should have the whole day with one side being comm'd by HSM and one side being comm'd by someone like Val or Drake and we'd just have a big sign over the teams saying "Trial by fire" and "Trial by water" or somesuch.

Those that want to be forcefully commanded and have strict guidelines, with the added bonus of being shouted at go for HSM & Trial by Fire, else if you want a degree of autonomy, whilst still being well commanded go for the Trial by Water..and be tranquil ^^

13. Valiant

Valiant Member

That would be AWESOME.
    AWESOME

AWESOME

14. Exile

Exile Member

the ghost clan will start recruiting with the realese of 2.0 in the hopes of kicking vals arse from one end of the mod to the other in a clan war

i believe the recruitment policey will involve boxing the nubs in with walls and 2 apcs pionts being awarded for being the last noob standing, havin the sense to kill the apc or runing everyone over.

alternativly an embarsing screen shot of any clan vet dying at the hands of noobs will be acepted

15. Valiant

Valiant Member

Aw... is that you mkoll? I didn't have a clue that you thought so highly of me :D

16. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I count 4 with a current total of 48

Most are 32

I agree though, 48 should be strongly cautioned against.

17. InstantDeath

InstantDeath Member

Only 5 more hours till the gates are open!!! The newbs are pilling up at the gate outside!!! oh noes!!!!

18. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

yeah I agree!

over this weekend those servers will all be full and people will think lag is bad, which it really isn't so long as your average spec servers don't go more than 40 players

19. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

i feel like the cages slaves in gladiator just waiting for the gate to drop.

20. dung

dung Member

I'm new and I'll probably be making some commanders get very frustrated soon.

But from reading some topics in this forum, the community doesn't look too bright anyway.