Testing your stuff on new SVN

Discussion in 'Archive' started by w00kie, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

You can just put the command in before you join a team.

2. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

consider this mostly as my user experience not a proper bug report :)

rev952

[research overview] can't select the main "root" of a tree anymore (like chemistry or electrical)

[TACTICAL MINIMAP] can't draw, but drawings counter counts :D
    [TACTICAL MINIMAP] can't place any icons, instead all picked icons stay and move with my mousecursor over each other
    [TACTICAL MINIMAP] !!!!!!!!!!! half an hour later, I open minimap again and can finally place all the icons that where still stuck on my cursor one after another.
    [TACTICAL MINIMAP] now even drawing works again, I have no clue how this happened.

[COM]after voting myself in command and spawning, I spawn outside the CV but instead right at the nose of vehicle and get pushed off of it :D

[server] "COM_CheckGameDirectory: game directories don't match (empiresTEST / sourcemod_dir) Deactivate" is what Grantrithor got when he tried to join my server and I can't see the other tesster server even though all are on rev952

[RESEARCH]researched weapons (tested HE, UML, .50calMG on MEDs and HEAVIES, NF side) cause tank building to end in "Vehicle Design Accepted. Commencing Vehicle Construction... Build vehicle failed.", researched armor and engine work though.

[ACHIEVEMENTS]killed myself in jeep again :D this time got "[EnT] w00kie has earned the achievement " twice. It does not give an achievement name to it this time :(

[CLASS/WEAPON SELECTION MENU] IS FUCKING SCARY when opened while running through the baracks to change loadouts, why did you make it to be super fucking huge actually?
    [CLASS/WEAPON SELECTION MENU] dropdown menu (where you choose switch class) is seetrough when opened.

[Empires]closing after 68minutes ingame = HL2.exe crashes on close.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  3. complete_

complete_ lamer

I have multiple stuff to report (Tested on all low settings at 1024x768).

Tactics Menu Bullshit
    -When both teams have no comm tactics menu stil comes up (should just be ignored since you cant do anything for the duration of the time).
    -Tactics Menu doesn't close after pressing its assigned key.
    -Can't see the Time left in the Tactics phase unless you press the research/map key (could be confusing for newcomers wondering why they can't spawn).

Achievements
    -You can get them multiple times (evidence)
    -If I had set sv_cheats to 1 and got a achievement, would brodcast to server but would obviously not give it to me.

Loadout/Scores
    -What's with the font?
    -After reaching 110 points, every point i gained I was "promoted" to Commander (see next promotion: 365/110).
    -Skills are unlocked at the next game completly, still at 0 points (evidence).
    -Loadout screen is too fucking big btw

Vehicles
    -Stuff that isn't researched should not be visible to people or else it just leads to confusion (evidence).

Minor (but gay)
    -Recycle Sign is really blurry and unintelligible, while other signs are perfect and visible (here and here).

Probably tons more (btw my post is much more easier to read).

same

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  4. w00kie

never test with sv_cheats 1 and instabuild etc. Afaik it is considered normal to produce such weird things.

why can you see the tester server and I can't? :(

5. complete_

complete_ lamer

people regularly go over 110 points on infantry maps

6. w00kie

I know, but there is a difference if you reach them in normal play or trough instabuild abuse or console ranking. :rolleyes:

7. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

The class screen is xbox hueg because it's proportional, which means it's that size at each resolution. I'll make it smaller but that's for the next release

8. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Label between 2 rows of button is just WRONG.

9. w00kie

Nice that even you notice that :|ove:

I still don't get why the class/loadout-menu has to be as huge as the vehicle-mod-menu, I'd be fine with this if the backgrounds weren't blue but seethrough or milkglas optics.

10. Beerdude26

MOOtant gets a boner from well-designed UI's

Also, perhaps we should allow switching to Daruck's transparent VGUI because it's better anyway

11. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Tested a few delivered bugs on the SVN to ensure they were working correctly and accepted them. Adding a few more bugs to Pivotal now.

12. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

If that's your excuse for doing crap job.

13. w00kie

= empires needs more gay developers?

14. Beerdude26

No, my excuse for doing a crap job is enjoying watching you squirm and cringe when you see it

15. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

You can play funny asshole on forums all you want it won't make you any better at anything or users spend less time on crashes in your code.

16. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

calm down you two... we need a positive and productive environment here, not this back stabbing/slap in the face crap talk.

17. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Can someone update the SVN with the latest patches from the dev commit please (I believe the autobuild isn't working and some of the stated fixes havn't found their way to the svn yet (either that or they aren't fixed))

18. w00kie

just tried the revision 969

weird stuff:

-All dropped buildings are "jumping up&down" around one pixel (tested on money on BE only) no matter of com dropped them or player.

Suggestion:

-In commanders drawable Map: add a label for walls (so you can show people where you'll drop them walls [on money f. ex.])

Bored of testing now, can't see a tester server and no one wants to join mine.

19. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Fairly sure this has been happening for the past 6 versions.

20. w00kie

But now is the first time that I notice it and it looks crappy :rolleyes:.

btw. after properly closing down empires I am stuck in steam, can't exit steam and it says I am still playing empires. (ofc taskmanager helps)