Testing your stuff on new SVN

Discussion in 'Archive' started by w00kie, Jul 25, 2011.

1. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

DLed current empires SVN today, made a local server,

this is what I experienced during the 3 minutes in game:
    unfinished new loading screen :D
    WTF resized loadout panel (I did restart empires after resolution change)
    console print
    why does NF have both factions vehicles? won't this confuse?
    timed out from my own local server while in comview????
    console spam on time out

BUGS/uncommon occurances found so far:
    • when in comm view, with tactical map open, player can still click on the icons that are _behind_ the map-window, like "units","factory", etc
    • "[EnT] w00kie has earned the achievement Just in Time" after driving a jeep into the bottomless pit on glycenplains, is that right? (map is ugly as fuck btw.)
    • [COM VIEW] mouse movement to second screen was read by empires though it wasnt the active aplication
    • [COM VIEW] zoom speed seems to be insanely high
    • [research overview] you can give a number to an item deep in the tree and later give a, then of course higher, number to the branch before that
    • [research overview] REQUEST: a button to delete the whole plan (right clicking all the shit the trollcom did before you takes time)
    • [research overview]-window does not respond anymore after alt-tab from windowed mode. Leaving comview made it clickable again
    • [research] All research was completed even though the option was not toggled on local server creation menu, building vehicles with any so already "researched" items failed with "building vehicle failed" message (had enouogh res)
    • [MAPS] emp_glycenplains has a placeholder minimap and map-description

btw: can we have the oooold tester server back?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Loading screen's getting reverted until we finish it up, loadout panel is indeed new and proportional to screen resolution

Also, your comm view bug is already known, but it's for the next iteration.

3. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

how are you guys getting com time outs? I never get timed out when in com view...(thank god)

4. w00kie

updated OP.
    Are you actually fine with me trying to test stuff that is being worked on right now?

5. Beerdude26

Could differ from client to client, what were you doing at the time?

6. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I can't seem to be able to set comm vote time more than 1 second, it's frustrating since there is no option to lower the tactical time in the main menu (and I wouldn't know what the console command would be).

7. w00kie

Drawing on an already pretty filled draw map (had lots of symbols and where drawing lines) while in com view. I never happened to time out in current steampires while in CV or as normal player.

Now I know why I could'nt spawn or do anything for some time after choosing class, weapons and clicking away the new menus :D
    Would be cool to have a big red text blinking top-middle of the screen saying
    TIME FOR TACTICS *blink* *blink*

and a text next to the draw map saying that only the com can draw there :)

8. Beerdude26

Thanks for the heads up, might have to redo that part

It should, if you're a non-comm player.

9. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

console command is something along the lines of emp_sv_tactictime x (thats not the correct command btw)

If you type cvarlist emp_sv_ in console it should be easy to find, if not do cvarlist emp_ (cvarlist command lists all commands that start with that text).

Edit: As for your complaint about the "undefined" key printout in the console, you need to go into settings and bind 2 new keys for the minimap and research overview. Presumably this will be done soon enough by default though

10. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

I'm sending achievements as reliable messages, but that shouldn't happen very often.

11. w00kie

ref951

[CVARS] emp_sv_tactics_commander_time does jackshit
    [PREGAME] comvote time is still forced to be 1 second :(
    [research overview] can bug out when in comview 1http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/540648543153814762/A100EB280CFAE219ACB663DF82236C8373B09898/
    [research overview] does not clear for next map old map new map(need REAL server for testing)
    [TACTICAL MINIMAP] does not clear for next map 1 2 (need REAL server for testing)
    [TACTICAL MINIMAP] I get timeouts (-> disconnects)when staying in for too long and drawing

trying to get HL2DS server to work on my local machine and do some "real" tests tonight. Anybody wanna join me?

12. Beerdude26

Excellent, thank you for testing that stuff out.

How can you reproduce "[research overview] can bug out when in comview 1"

13. w00kie

not sure what exactly I did, but I thnk I killspawned myself because I was stuck in cv, reentered cv and voilá: numbers start from 1 again :rolleyes:

will there be some more logic in the research overview? like selecting a leave automatically selects the tree leading there and gives it a lower number? right now turrets LVL3 can be #1 and electrical branch #7 :D. I like how numbers lower when you uncheck one of them though.

14. Beerdude26

That's not very crucial at the moment but we'll look at it later

EDIT: I just killspawned while inside CV and reentered it but I didn't get the bug. Odd

15. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Beerdude's research stuff might be overflowing reliable channel.

16. Beerdude26

I don't think that's the cause of the overflow, it's probably the tactical minimap. Both have to be changed though

Does overflow occur when too many messages are sent at once, or when the combined sent messages are too large? If the former, I just have to change it to use less messages that contain more data

17. w00kie

[​IMG]
    join 109.91.233.65:27015

testing on local ingame server sucks.
    If more than 2 ppl have interest in lulzy testing of loads of new stuff,
    we can talk about putting a dedi (outside of my house) up.

18. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

w00kie, just be aware, comm vote time is 1 second by default, so unless you increase it to 30 seconds and vote yourself in as comm, to the best of my knowledge, you won't be able to dick with the minimap or research tree. But it's cool that your testing shit. Can you do me a favour and try building all the vehicles, with as many different combinations of shit as possible? Last time I tried to build a BE heavy, it gave me some error in console about the weapon, but I haven't had chance to sit down and test different combinations to see what's throwing it off.

19. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I'd test if you bring the cards and I bring the hookers.

20. w00kie

ROFL trickster, I experienced exactly the same shit with forced commvotetime on my client and empires not changing most of the cvars over console.
    That was the reason to put it on hl2ds, everything seems fine, apart from all the to be expected bugs.

creating a server ingame --> broken shit (rule counts for many sourcemods)