Tank secondary seat security

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Andariel, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Andariel

Andariel Member

Ive seen this today even more then usual, the second guy in the tank is a sitting and a pretty easy shot, something that bugs me as all who are willing to be my mechanic/infantry defense

My suggestion to make that position a bit more secure is to allow them to "duck" into the tank and basically taking their head down out of the fire

to keep that balanced the guy is not able to shoot when he is taking his head but can still be hit from above

2. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

It's extremely hard to shoot a guy off the tank. Especially when the tank is there to ram you.

But if the tank is standing still, he deserves to die xD

3. Andariel

Andariel Member

i killed myself quite many tank passengers on the move its not so hard

4. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

The thing is, a grenadier in the seat can be a pretty big advantage. I don't think they need any more defense on top of that...

5. petemyster

petemyster Member

no chance. Grenadier on the 2nd passenger seat can only do long distance stuff. And even then he is weak due to the bumping of the vehicle. One thing that bugs me is the lid of the manhole in the 2nd passenger seat blocks my rockets and then i die :/

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

it is quite hard to shoot people out of there compared with shooting them on the ground.

I wish the people in second seat had prone accuracy instead of ducked.

7. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Eventually secondary positions will have weaponry. I guess some protection will be in effect to make you less of a "hit me" sign.

8. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

It would be cool if you could hide inside the tank, like the only other option you have in time crisis apart from shooting people.

9. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Well, I suppose technically if there's a free extra seat in the tank you can just switch to that... but most don't have one. Actually, an easy way to fake this without much coding would just be to add more seats to tanks...