Swap 3phase and fission.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Tovarich Cookie, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

What the title said. As of right now, the elec. engineering branch is kinda OP, with the fastest vehicle engine, best armor, awesome missiles, and the best cannon in the game.

Swapping these 2 (or just exchange their stats) will make the games a little more even... IMHO.

2. communism

communism poof

I think fission is faster by 5 now

3. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Fission and 3phase are quite similar, how would swapping them change the EE branch?

4. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Fission isn't actually that good, it overheats more because of the heat output when moving, so fast lights will suffer more heating.

It's also a touch slower than 3 phase, which would help with the light being so hard to hit.

5. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

Maybe if reactive didn't take so short to research, Electrical wouldn't be AS overpowered

6. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Fission has faster acceleration and stall later, so no that wouldnt be a fix but change 3phase with gasturbine? would make it fine actually, gasturbine is a very nice engine but way slower then 3 phase
    my 2 cents ...

7. RoboTek

RoboTek Member

Personally I believe that this would be solved just by making 3-phase get progressively worse based off of heat, such that it gets far worse in combat. If it was changed such that it began stalling immediately, you would have a % power based off of your heat, such that 3-phase accelerated at half speed at 50% heat and so on.

Would make it still the fastest engine, but make its weakness much more real.

8. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

I'd say just re-nerf Reactive instead. It's the fastest armor you can get period, it doesn't need to be so great.

9. Sneaky

Sneaky Member

It's almost impossible to get the heat past 50% on a super light, so that wouldn't really do all that much.

The problem is that reactive is perfectly suited to the NF light tank. You can only fit 2 layers because of weight, but you can only install 2 layers anyway, so the weight aspect of reactive is nullified making it's only weakness it's cost and it's not too expensive to install 2 layers.
    The wiki says reactive is weak vs missiles, but I've heard ingame that this is incorrect. If that's true then a simple balance fix can be making it actually weak vs missiles so grenadiers and turrets can counter super lights.

10. Sirex

Sirex Member

First thing, no swap.

Second thing it is still only a tactic which many of you fail to see. Yes NF can currently chose to get super lights, but on the expense that they get worse mediums and heavys sence they can't fit that many plates compeared to reflective and EE don't offer any artillery bonus weapons like ERC or HE. And rails is a BE weapon more then NF.

But i do agree that reactive could be nerfed hp somewise and 3phase made easier to stall.

But i don't agree that we should nerf EE overall just beacuse it is a tactic that workd for NF early game, then BE needs to develop a counter or just aim to survive early game and get better medium and late game research. Like physic give extened long range cannon or chem give high explosive artillery.

Anyone rememberd that HE cannon was whined to death just a month ago being overpowerd? And now hardly anyone mention them, HE has not been nerferd and you can eadily counter NF super light with that or APC rush with hemg. It is just a matter of tactic, we should stop nerfing good tactics all the time and just nerf fact overpowerd weapons, it is up to the enemy commander to make a counter.

By the way anyoen tried plasma yet? That should work against suoper lights, sence plasam give lots of heat and is fast to fire.

11. Omneh

Omneh Member

It doesn't really matter that NF can fit less plates, since missiles are light anyway, and the two best missiles in the game are in EE.

Oh, and reactive is god mode. You don't need that many plates.

12. RoboTek

RoboTek Member

That might work if 3-phase actually took significant impairment from heat, but it does not. Plasma is not a bad choice for other reasons, but realistically it isn't king against the normal super-light. The HE cannon was not nerfed, but when it takes nearly twice as many shots to kill that light, somehow it is just hard to feel that it is as good.

13. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

I find this statement humorous, for I am sure that it is wrong, because UML isn't in EE

14. Morcam

Morcam Member

This plus removing the reactive buff would be fantastic. You could also make reactive a tad longer to research.

However, I have to ask. Is the light tank model too small, or the afv too large?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009