Supreme commander 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by blizzerd, Mar 1, 2010.

1. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i played the demo, if the official game is anything like the demo wants it to look, it looks like crap and plays like shit

im seriously angry here, so excuse my language but i believe thy just killed off some of the last remaining Total annihilation remnants in the game (economy was made a crappy hybrid with more conventional stuff, research etc)

together with totally shifting the game to a more "command and conquer 3"/warcraft 3 hybrid play-style

its not a bad game overall, but i DO am mad about it NOT BEING SUPREME COMMANDER 2

also all the buildings suddenly seem uninspired and the moving things on buildings are both buggy and stupid looking at the same time (a crane picks up 2 barrels, summer-salts them for no reason then puts them back down 5 meters further... i liked the constructor arms building the unit with lasers more, and its not a "preference thing" its just it made more sense in all ways

also transporters in stead of coolishly dropping the units by lowering to the ground and then releasing the clamps a few meters above the ground so the unit falls down have been reduced to "stops flying and teleports the units on the floor"

bullshit, plain bullshit, on gameplay stance this game looks like it came before supreme commander 1

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  2. Hygrom

Hygrom Member

I liked the first one, I guess I'll have to go find the demo to play.

3. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

SC < nice things < TA; SC2 < SC

/end thread

4. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

Try again, first SC theirs two games that go by that acronym >.>

Second TA was good really good, except for the flea aboose I had an awesome time with it and still do in TA:Spring (free)

Supreme commander wasn't balanced but was fun its FA standalone fixed the glaring problems

Supcom2 wasn't made by GPG at all, it was made with Square Enix's interests in mind and nothing more, blame them Not Chris Taylor.

5. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

so you are saying that the game is worst than the demo?

i loled when i played it, with all that having to pay instead of queing building orders and then remembering how they said that their "flow" unit pathfinding works

yeah its awesome, too bad you never get a grip on more than 20 units in one group.. fail

i very much dislike how they made the unit managment more like in traditional rts, its supcom for christ sakes, it supposed to be massive , epic and" doom boom", not cameral ,casual pew pew

also... wtf?! one tier? gtfo, that alone makes it unworthy of calling it a TA succesor

so.. SupCom 2 fails, C'n'C fails even before its releasead.. i hope that the price of SC2 will come down considerably (as in , i wont be able to buy 2 other awesome game for the same price) and it will play better than it looks

how was supcom1 unbalanced? it had like the most plain balance system there can be
    (i mean, aside the fact that the only good PDT was aeon obliterator, cyb laser turret placed on a curved terrain just failed hard)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  6. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I meant both. Everyone knows TA is far superior to that fantasy gay crap with magical flying "bullets" (read: fairy dust).

7. Mageknight

Mageknight Member

I liked the demo. Am I going to be lynched? I kinda liked supreme commander 1 - even though I was terrible at it - and the second one seems to be the first one but prettier, which is fine by me. I never played TA though (again, hello lynch mob) - what exactly are you guys expecting?

8. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

If you didnt notice in Supcom 1, heres a few things for you to think about 1

The t1 UEF fighter could kill either of its t1 copetetitors in a single shot.

Aeon Naval was terrible and couldn't compete against a opponenet of a different faction that had the sae mass and Energy income.

The GC meant certain doom for any UEF player.

UEF's only damaging experimental the fatboy costs around 24600mps and has only 15,000 HP regardless of its DPS and RANGE it takes so long to build and so much mass to construct that using it to fight GCs effectvly is ridiculos.

Aeon t3 bots were the worst in the game until their buff in FA and renamed as harbinger MK4s

Need I say anything about the Czars aircrash damage, I use them as frisbees of doom all the time in Supcom 1 to kill my opponents in uber long ranked matches.

9. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

mage-knight we wont lynch you for liking that demo, its meant to be attractive to average people.

10. Z100000M

i dont know about the t1 figter.. i played alot and didnt have any such problem
    aeon naval being terrible? i always felt that their destroyer was the best
    aeon experimentals were op without the addon, i agree
    t3 bots were fine to me, ae t3 bombers were fucked (addon especially, how can you make acc worse like that, damn)

you say so much how euf was balls late game, but the fact was, most people played as them

11. Hygrom

Hygrom Member

I did not enjoy the demo... other then the AC-1000 Terrors that the UEF can build now, its a fail AC-130 from the future.

12. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

It is very fail.

I mean, 5 fighters can easily take it down.

I AM DISSAPOINT as a supcom game.

As an RTS, it looks okay.

13. Aeoneth

Aeoneth Member

Everytime you guys say Aeon, my head swells a little

14. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

I said their exps were shit, as a spam faction their great. also load up the UNPATCHED supcom 1 and take out a t1 uef fighter for a stroll.

also have every t3 bot from each faction fight each other, I guarentee you the AEON harbinger will not get a single kill in a 1v1 against either of the other t3 bots.

15. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

The community of supcom games usually fix supcoms glaring problems themselves, buy it say a month after release.

also in the first big-stage demo Chris-Taylor said that the ac-1000 was a MINI experimental so obviously you can make like a fleet of them no problem.

16. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Liked it, buying it, probably won't play SC1 again.

17. Z100000M

well thats the problem here, i started playing the game after a few patches that made the game playable

harb *was* shit to compensate for the kickass exp, at least the devs though it will

18. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

I got the game myself, it isnt what it used to be sure but now It doesnt seem to be as much of a hassle to have large scale battles with many units, where in Supcom 1 only t1 units were in large scale generally, because after that you'll be seeing only experimentals pumped out.

I like the change about that, the economy should have a classical mode, the graphics dont mattar that much to me because I can finally run it on my new laptop. The ACUs are ugly as all hell but hey you can't be perfect. Units got drastically smaller it seems, and buildings got significantly larger.

Theirs also alot of expermentals so I guess overall its a pretty good game.

19. Z100000M

its already on torrents

i have to admit that the demo failed, i have to see some skirmishes and how this works outside of the campaing to make my decision

20. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

I didnt get the torrent so I can actually play online, also if you have the torrent you can't patch it normally, its patched through steam so you need to download the game each and every patch :(

Demo had no land fail, also where are these neural nets they speak of in the AI.

Game works out pretty well on multi-player if you play with people that communicate with you instead of doing their own thing, also get it for pc their will be alot better content for it on their because GPG tends to have its community fix it's games.