[suggestion] Vehicle reammunition & BE Armory

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by BlackRedDead, Aug 18, 2016.

1. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

Regarding Reammunition:
    someone brought me on reminding of my initial thought that cutting it from engineer crates would be to harsh, but indeed it would counter those pesky tank pulks where nothing happen because no side has to retreat! ;-)
    (though com can build armory and repair pads to rearm the front, but no-more solitary tanks that can survive everyhing and never run out of ammo or standing on a hill bombard your base forever because of unlimited ammo supply by crate!)

Limiting suggestions:
    1. Ammo Crate = 1 Cannonshell & 1 Rocket & 15 MG rounds
    2. Repair Pad = 2 Cannonshells & 2 Rocket & 30 MG rounds
    3. Armory = 4 Cannonshells & 3 Rockets & 60 MG rounds
    (per rearm *tick*)
    that already should force players to retreat at some point!
    and especially be more carefull with theire ammunition! (or at least make more use of theire MG :grinimp:)

Regarding Repairpads:
    atm vehicles have 3 sources of reammunition - Armory, Repairpad and Engineers ammo crate
    while infantry has only 2 - Armory and Engineers ammo crate
    despite that vehicles replenish their ammo nearly instantious!

what i wanna suggest is changing the rate more or less drastically and eighter cut the ability from the repairpad (because it's a bit op) or the armory (to stay in the logic that armory's are for infantry and repairpads for vehicles)

Regarding BE Armory:
    the BE armory has 2 entrances, that result in much insecurity compared to the NF armory with only 1 entrance
    i would suggest to place a wall in the middle between the health&ammo crate, with enough room on the other side that soldiers pass trough and nice "iii" ammo & "+" health icon to better identify wich side you are currently on ;-)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  2. NekoBaron

NekoBaron Member

The BE armoury is tactically better since if you see someone go in you don't know which side they will come out of, someone inside an NF on is explosive bait. But like you said it can also be a downside, its just part of empires asymmetrical design.

3. Lightning

Lightning Member

as neko said, asymmetry is what makes empires empires, if we were to start balancing buildings it would remove asymmetry, maybe not completely, but you get my point I'm sure

BlackRedDead likes this.
  4. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Why? There was a time in Empires when vehicles didn't even have ammo and you could fire endlessly without ever reloading or rearming. It is much better now than then, and we should keep it the way it is now because tanks burn through ammo so quickly.

Neoony likes this.
  5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

before that they had a variant of the current system

6. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Yea I remember that. Who exactly removed the current system for the unlimited ammo system? I didn't care to know who was editing shit back then but I am glad they returned to it. It was a definite improvement to gameplay since they did that. But statement still stands, ammo is abundant like it would be in war because a tank without ammo is a useless tank.

Also Black, this game benefits from asymmetrical warfare. Don't try to remove it as it only adds to the gameplay.

NF has this advantage: If you are trying to hold the armory from Infantry, you KNOW they have to come in one direction and can get you.
    Drawbacks: Tank death trap

BE Advantage: Can flank infantry out the other side and get them by surprise, can make cool bases with it
    Disadvantages: Can be a tank death trap, infantry can get you while you are rearming much easier.

7. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

well, the BE armory just looks boring - but that isn't a reason^^
    i didn't say anything on asymmetry - i love empires for that - its just not balanced!
    at least there much other buildings that could receive a bit of redesign (i just say floating BE building pannel in NF factory^^)
    but the reammunition system and armory's bugged me out, because theire role could be easaly cut out of the game and noone would be harmed!
    (by adding it to other buildings - or use an engineer in any vehicle ;-) in many other games and also possible here is the reammunition trough barracks :P)

and @Donald Trump:
    i just made a suggestion, no need to be hysterical! xD
    (at least im also not hysterical about your name - but i don't wanna know what goes off in such ppl's mind that name himself "adolf hitler", "kim jong-un", "hillary clinton" or whatever shitty personality is "in" yet!)

on the argument side of your post, the ammo counts are more than enough to kill a few ppl!
    even in a average firefight one is dead befor anyone runs out of ammo! - the only situation where you run out befor a kill is in tank pulks - (wich i hate btw and where we need something to counterbalance that!) - but there you often have engineers that just put down theire ammo crate! ;-)

i just want replenishing a bit more of a concern for a tankdriver and even the commander - and by arguments you can easaly cut the feature off from any of those - even the engi crate because its op! (but then ppl like you would start crying about the need for tactical retreats for reammunition xP - but effektivly it would counter those tank pulks and force people to be carefull with there ammo... so thanks for the hint xD)

8. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

I never insulted you, once. I did in your other thread, but not here. You obviously haven't played the game much then because if you go into the barracks and "re-equip" your current class you have full ammo. The Barracks serves as a re-arming place for infantry, but not vehicles.

Thanks? Also, you are saying we should remove asymmetry by wanting a redesign of the BE/NF armory to make them more similar.

While this game doesn't strive for realism, I assure you many tanks do not fire off all of their ammo before they die. If this was the case, we would just continually charge tanks in. Even in WW2, if a tank ran out of ammo they didn't charge in still they retreated, which is what you do in this game. Ammo crates are nice because it allows front line re-armament when the commander is A. new or B. Doesn't have money for re-arming buildings. We don't need to counterbalance.

Why should it be more of a concern for tank drivers? Already tank drivers have to worry about retreating to heal after about 10 seconds of close combat... Hell, with the current system and firing off a couple shots, you OF COURSE will always have full ammo because your tank can't take all those shots before you fire off all your ammo. This is the design of the game.

9. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

trump, take the test in the other thread.

10. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

the armory's main role IS to replenish infantry! (and heal, wich you need an engineer for)

i clearly did not! - still 2 entrances and you can reach booth sides from the other!
    the only difference is that you have a bit cover inside from the other with my suggestion

well, if you come with realism you should mind about the infinite supply - im not even touched this!
    the thing is viewed gameplayside - you have an infinite, instant and higly available supply of reammunition - thats just op!
    my initial idea was to just cut 1 of these availabilitys to give the other more importance - but if you stupid behavior have revealed 1 thing than that i haven't tought far enough! (because now its very obviously that the real issue is the front line reammunition!)

yea, wich is very imbalanced betreen the sides because NF is faster while BE med's are weaker in the same turn - great balance xP
    but thats another issue!^^

anyway, read carefully next time or use your mind and help me improve my sentences! (wich ofc requires you to understand what i am talking about - at least to try understanding it ;-) - if you can't or don't want to fine, wish you a nice day and don't need to waste my time answering too :P)

11. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

And to replenish tanks!

No... this is what makes it asymmetrical.

You are the ONLY ONE who thinks this is an issue. All of us accept it as the game and like it as such. Why? Because 60% of the time when you are playing, you DO NOT have an engineer to resupply your tanks on the front line. You just don't. Everyone in tanks is either gren for armor detection and defusal or rifleman for vehicle damage. Playing Engi in a tank late game is idiotic because usually you have repairpads to get to, and it allows you to kill enemy tanks quicker.

You just fucking said you support asymmetrical warfare, yet you go COMPLETELY AGAINST THAT with what you just said here. IT IS balanced, the whole POINT of this game is to be asymmetrical, it is to have tanks with more armor but less maneuverability and some tanks with more maneuverability and less armor. By removing this, you quite literally are removing Empires from being Empires. I don't know how long you have played this game, but clearly I do not think it has been for long because you are suggesting changes be made that absolutely destroy everything the game is to make it more like battlefield or CoD.

I don't even know how to argue you considering you contradict yourself with half the stuff you say. You said above in the previous post, and I quote:
    You love the asymmetry, yet you think it is unbalanced that NF meds have more armor and BE tanks are faster mid game... Great. You will not get 100% satisfactory balance unless all tanks are exactly the same which removes the asymmetry that you, allegedly, love.

12. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Can we stop suggesting to remove content from the game? It's hard as it is to get something added, to suggest to remove gameplay elements is just... asdsdasdfasdfaf.

13. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

so unlimited higly available and nearly instantious rearming small infantry placed ammo boxes that allows non-moving everlasting(at average teams) frontlines are content you wanna stay with? - then my suggestion to cut or improve that supply to force players using theire aiming skill (while i agree that its hard to aim with such "wooby" vehicle behaviors, but that can be improved!) instead stupid dumpfire forever thanks to that instant supply that made the whole vehicle ammo supply obsolete!!!

anyone else wanna comment brainless - would be nice if some serious guys could jump in!

14. Ranger

Ranger Member

I'd say, the infinite ammo concept is a feature from the RTS-side of Empires. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think PlanetSide 2 does exactly the same thing with ammo crates and supply stations.

15. Ranger

Ranger Member

I'd say, the infinite ammo concept is a feature from the RTS-side of Empires. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think PlanetSide 2 does exactly the same thing with ammo crates and supply stations.

16. Trainzack

Trainzack Member

BlackRedDead, I am glad that you would like to improve Empires. And while I have nothing against you personally or with you coming up with ideas, it seems like there are too many, too large-scale, not very well thought out suggestions that -and this is the important part- are not communicated very clearly, and as a result, it seems like they add little value.

What I would recommend is that you keep having ideas, but really think them through before posting them here. Refine them, figure out how to say the core of the idea with as little excess words as possible, and if you realize in the process that the idea doesn't seem worth sharing, then when you do decide to post something, it'll be taken more seriously. You are capable of having good ideas.

17. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I feel like I'm missing something here. Admittedly I'm not reading through huge posts nowadays, but the jist of it seemed more like slowing down reload speeds so people couldn't push forever, giving time for defense to rebuild or to counterattack if the attacking side wasn't coordinated enough. That doesn't honestly sound bad and I really don't see how that's related to cod or battlefield at all. After all bf currently has infinite ammo for vehicles and I struggle to think of running out of ammo in cod, or the very least it being slow.

I will say while blackreddead has a point about endlessly pushing, Empires is pretty much a war of attrition, I would say that if you wanted there to be less back and forth over a small area or help what might seem like a stalemate is to make tank combat simply more lethal. This isn't to say make it like bf where tanks die in 3 hits from where ever or have a cycle time around 3 seconds, just lower the hp a bit so it actually feels like you took a hit. At some point hp of tanks were balanced around the damage of a cannon, meaning one shell=1 plate. It's much less lethal now though, where it can feel like it takes around 2 shots to take a plate off.

Keeping low cycle times helps scrubs make that second shot because shooting in bouncy empire tanks is rather hard but it helps provide a skill ceiling where decent players can make the most of that short cycle time to blow a tank up under 10 seconds. It's fun and chaotic, I like empires tank combat in general and I don't want that to really change. It just needs to be made more rewarding and less tedious to actually kill a tank. Which is why I wouldn't entirely support this suggestion, it doesn't help in this regard.

Ammunition for some things do feel fast, I won't really disagree here. Quite honestly it's also sensible for engy ammo crates to reload tanks slower then say armories or repair pads, but considering how it can be tricky for a commander to drop frontline armories it would make it much harder to siege bases because of how much ammunition you'd need. With that line of thought, I think a real suggestion to help prevent endless shooting is to make it so repairs can't be done for x amount of seconds. It would force people to actually deal with the threat instead of staring at a calc hoping they run out of ammo or overheat. Of course that's a huge change, so I'm convinced it wouldn't pan out well, but it's an idea.

Oh, I rather like the different armories. Nf is tiny and easy to place, one side opened also makes it easier for team to not get shot rearming. Be is useful to drop tunnel system and acts as a bigger wall, I enjoy both of them honestly.