[Suggestion] Add more stock maps.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by LordDz_2, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I didn't think we even fixed that yet.

Motherfucker are you serious? W00kie I expected better.

2. Empty

Empty Member

disappoint

3. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Yup, bullshit mini game maps are fine, but they aren't empires and shouldn't be stock.

4. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Official? Maybe not. But make more maps 'stock' in that they come with a download of Empires. Half the content in the Empires folder is unused, so you can't say there isn't space available. It would make servers much more lively if people didn't need to download every relatively new map from servers. Plus, Steam downloads are much, much faster.

5. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

The older I get the sillier I am :P

Empty/Trickster, that was my serious opinion, because I've done that before and it always works. I guess you'd like the EA approach and enforce what runs on every server and have rectal control over everyones game files. :headshot:

People = Shit.

6. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I think, at the very least, a map-pack would be a nice thing to have. If someone made one, it'd be convenient to put a link to it in the news feed that we now have.

Perhaps there could be two of them? One would be for maps that aren't official but are quality custom maps, like Homeland and Raiders. Then the second one would be for what are considered "novelty" maps, like Rainbowroad and Octagons.

Though, I can easily understand if people would be against the proliferation of the novelty maps. The more accessible they are, the more likely they are to be played.

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I'll risk saying the opposite, really. Then again, I have no solid background for this statement at all. I fully support the map-pack idea though. I'd do one myself but I'm too lazy ^^

8. Trickster

I did a couple of map packs years ago. I said Map Pack 3 was just around the corner, but it's now like 3 years overdue.

9. Empty

Empty Member

fun maps seed the server with retards and make all the vets leave the server.

I don't see the positive there at all.

10. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Very late, when everyone is starting to leave and the majority of players have been connected for hours and weary of commanding I don't mind a fun novelty map and usually it is well received by most people. But they shouldn't be in the map cycle because they aren't representative of the games most people want to play.

11. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Fun maps are pretty much for ~11p.m. PST where most of the serious players have left already, and the server is pretty much dead, and Eastborough + District have already been played.

I don't see any reason wherefore they ought to be included in the stock map pack, especially since so many other good maps aren't (I personally love Raiders).

Incidentally, does anyone know what happened to Insurrection? (I believe it was Insurrection at least--it was a swampy and gloomy map).

12. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I just got back to playing a little bit and downfall is surprisingly good for such a seemingly simple map. Spartacus approves.

13. Candles

God I loved Insurrection, but I remember that there were a few problems with in. In particular, I remember FPS issues.

14. Trickster

It just never got recompiled after the Steam release. It breaks my heart, it was one of my favourite maps.

15. ‡|JPL|‡ Corpsegrinder

‡|JPL|‡ Corpsegrinder Member

Insurrection was good and I really miss homeland. What was the map that had kinda the same texture as blah4 but more open, with bridges over rivers of toxic waste shit. Maybe arid? I dunno, I liked that one too.

16. Candles

I believe you're thinking of Hazard, yet another map that faced the fate of not being recompiled after Steam release. VIPER ran it a few times since the Steam release, but most of the rock are missing the normal map, giving them the checkerboard look.

17. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

18. Trickster

Yeah I ran it on EPIC for a while but the hills were pink. A lot of these maps made their way to Varbles for fixing but only Silo ever came out the other side.

19. ‡|JPL|‡ Corpsegrinder

‡|JPL|‡ Corpsegrinder Member

yea it was hazard, that was a good one.