strange empires crash

Discussion in 'Support' started by Das Siechtum, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Lol.

I have Athlon XP-M 2500+ and I'm running it around 203 FSB with 11 multiplier and I have watercooling and the cpu is running at 50C. The die temperature is 100C so I could have OC'd it even more but I couldn't get more voltage to my cpu. :(

And Rampantandroid, no I don't have omega drivers installed and no I won't run that same test again after 12 hours of running it without any errors at all. Can't people just understand that when you have two RAM sticks from different manufactors and even they look like identical with their specs, timings, MHz and so on, they still are different and changing their place can affect something?

It isn't my fault if Valve codes something so that it makes "Memory cannot be read" error.

2. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

No, but you can't blame valve for your sucky ram. If you're going to run DC you should get a paired set to lower the chance of such errors.

It shouldn't be much of a problem, but it most likely is a problem on your end and not Valve.

3. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

If it makes a difference, hardware is bad somewhere - it may be dust in the DIMM slot, it may be bad controller, it may be a bad RAM stick.

But DIMM 0 and DIMM 1 are the SAME. Changing the slot its in only changes how the error shows up.

4. Caelo

Caelo Member

could make it so that it wont ever happen with source games because they don't address that much ram..

5. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

how pages get assigned is arbitrary - if you run a program like firfox in the background and it uses 500 MB, you may hit that problem. For EX, the 4th stick of RAM on my computer wasn't seating right (and I thought it was bad RAM, each stick tested fine if I put 1 and only one stick in, using DIMM 0...

Sometimes I would get a driver crash due to this memory issue as soon as a booted...sometimes I would go DAYS without seeing it. RAM issues - if it is not a whole stick being bad - are hard to pinpoint. Like I said, go run memtest86 for a few hours... (as the name suggests, 86 - not 86_64....so if you have 4 GB of RAM or more, you need to swap sticks in and out for testing.)

6. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

I have 1Gb of ram and I have to run them in dual channel mode because they aren't indentical because they are made by different manufactors even their specs and designs, what I can see, are exactly identical.

And I HAVE RAN THAT TEST FOR 12 HOURS already. I'm not going to repeat it all over again over and over again until you realize that I have already ran it.

I'm fine with my RAM and I just wanted to point out that that may be a one solution too. That's all.

And as far as I know I'm running my RAM's in DIMM 0 and DIMM 2 slots because I have double twin slots no my motherboard meaning that I could have 2x identical RAMs paired together going with totally different 2x RAMs paired with each other.

7. Das Siechtum

Das Siechtum Member

ok guys yesterday I formated my harddisk drive, since nothing changed it. computer is running fine now. Gonna test empires when I'm over the flu. Thanks guys.

8. Caelo

Caelo Member

gesundheit :D

9. Hikuso

Hikuso Member

i get the exact thing, tho only when trying to join a server running canyon, easy enough to work around, all i haveto do is start up empires, load another map and then proceed to join the server. Tho seeing as your crashes are a bit more random, i dunno what you should do tho, do you get this on all maps or like me, only on canyon?