Steam Changelog

Discussion in 'News' started by wealthysoup, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Assuming he doesn't change his mind, Omneh just agreed to work on Forest properly. Blizzerd has kindly said he'll do the Tutorial map work, once I create a design document for him. We're cutting it incredibly fine, but there is still a hope.

2. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

I guess there is a doublet.

Code:
    Fixed:

* Respawning in APC didn't fully change the loadout
     * Enemy units sometimes appear in the wrong area of the mini-map
     * emp_force_kill no longer prevents revive after respawning.
     * Buggy cancellation of attack orders on infantry
     * Multiple selection for attack orders. (A box attack order now only selects one unit from the box for the order.)
     * Client-side mortar collisions.
     * Flag GUI not displaying on the irst flag capture zone entered
     * Health/stamina panel not appearing when in command vehicle
     * Missiles no longer explode in NF light tank when fired to the right of the vehicle
     * Fixed incorrect implementation of scout vehicle speed upgrade skill
     * Designing a BE APC in the Vehicle Factory now shows correct side model view (AFV was shown before)
     * Lost Coast models and materials will now work correctly (instead of Error boxes)
     * Sudden death text at top of GUI no longer draws over number of tanks
     * BE wall now spawns at same height as NF wall (allows them to be fired over by infantry)
     * Sabotaged turrets will no longer shoot at its hidden saboteur after being repaired
     * Scouts hide skill will no longer hide them from their own teams minimap
     * Smoke grenades in a vehicle factories build area no longer prevents the construction of vehicles
     * Health upgrade skill can no longer upgrade health to max health + 1.
     * Vehicle camoflague textures now use significantly less video memory
     * When an enemy changed sides their corpse could be revived and they would remain on your side. 
    [COLOR="Orange"] * Armour in vehicle factory build menu was the wrong length on some models[/COLOR]
     * Engineer build menu no longer has title "Class/Weapon selection"
     * When scout rifle was zoomed and weapon was changed with 'Q' there would be a strange zoom out effect each time you changed weapon as scout
     * Target display has been raised so targets on players are no longer at their feet.
     * Skill bugs where skills could sometimes be selected but not working.
     * Commanders no longer get stuck in command view if they open the servers message of the day.
     * Can no longer see your name when looking directly up in spectator.
     * Several exploits that could be used to crash servers.
    [COLOR="SandyBrown"] * Armour no longer overlaps the vehicle factory vehicle customisation image for certain vehicles.[/COLOR]
     * Can now pick up mines after being revived.
    Ignore this post, if I just understand that all wrong.

3. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

w00kie its 2 different things, although very similar. the armour being the wrong length meant that the side armour would touch the front armour (or not touch, i cant remember which) in the vf build menu in the current release. I redid the armour vf scripts to make this so it was consistent (either all touching or all not touching, again I cant remember)

The armour not overlapping vehicle customisation image--some vehicles (BE APC/AFV for example) in the current release have part of their pictures covered by the armour icons in the current release. I changed this to move the armour slightly further away from the vehicle so this wouldnt happen (in most cases atleast)

Does that make sense?

4. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Thats an awesome list. Never thought i would see the day that lts got fixed.

5. w00kie

A short "No, it's meant to be like that." would have sufficed. I can't really follow you, but you explain it in a persuasive way, that makes it sound like it must make sense.

So yes, thank you for the heart's blood.

6. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

I like to make sure im not talking complete bullshit all the time :)

7. w00kie

I read the words, but hey won't form a sentence :pathetic:

Just joking, I get what you mean. Whenever I, outside of vocational school, try to further explain anything in detail, people just get confused and either think of me as a man smarter then I really am or can't follow at all and look down on me.

8. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Added another few things to OP

9. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

And again. Starting to turn into a pretty big changelog :)

10. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Remove Forest for now. We're still waiting on that and Homeland from Cyber-Kun. They're not added yet. I'll commit the updated version of Glycencity and Crossroads one they're tested. There's a fuck tonne of script stuff I'll make a changelog for before release.

But yeah, it's getting really substantial. I know it's bad to say this, but we can bloat the changelog a lot more by adding specific sections for map updates (i.e. this map had X Y and Z updated). I'll do those though before release, so don't worry.

11. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Haha that was my plan all along :P Doesnt do any harm going into specifics to stop uneducated moaners from complaining that not enoughs been done.

Added glycen and crossroads to the list and removed homeland for now.

Whats happening with money?

12. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

bumping this

13. RappemongO

RappemongO Member

Wait wat? Mah steam be downloadan Empires. Oh crap. Here goes another six months...

...CANNONBAAAAWL! :D