Starcraft 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Notorious, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Notorious

Notorious Member

I'm in a funk today but w/e

The main reason they're splitting the game into three parts is because someone told someone else that the release date would be December 3rd.

Now, once Circuit City/ Best Buy/ Gamestop, put out this release date, and people became aware of it; they all started flaming Blizzard because of its reputation for releasing games a couple months late.

Other flames against Blizzard were for things like releasing a teaser video for the SC2 game a year ago, and then taking 2 more years to finish the game, after people, like myself, have been waiting for the sequel game for 10-12 years, pissed people off to no end, when observant to that revelation

When was the original starcraft release? 1996? Brood War came out within a year or two of that.

And Brood War set up a plainly obvious and mysterious, with strange addictively calling desires, a friggin Sequel, which they've taken a decade now to decide to develop.

Anyone like myself has never forgotten the last mission from Brood War, cause it was so obvious that they were setting the story up for another game. Its numbed out over the years. But the pain of waiting that long can come back to a person. But it is a simple video game, so its not like anything that anyone can be pained by realisticly.

So yea, I'm ok with them releasing only a third of the game, on Dec. 3rd, since it will probably be a starting point with multiplayer and everything else, and the next 2 chapters of the campaign will be expansions.

sort of like in warcraft 3 frozen throne, with the 'orc' campaign from the expansion, with Rexxar and his bear, with the troll healer, panda dude, and tauren chieftain guy, that little role-playing-campaign, where they only released the first third of the campaign missions with the expansion, the second part like 6 months later, and the final part like a month after that. that was aggravating to no end, but at least they didn't make the openness for a sequel mission at the end of the first one as painfully obvious as they did for starcraft brood war.

so yea, let me know what times y'all can be on for starcraft, open days, and what not, AND don't forget to tell me what your SC aliases are so i can add you to friends list to look for you, telling me your steam account names so i can add you to my steam friends to try to contact you before playing would help also,

my alias is Notorias, i play the multiplayer randomly, and the single player randomly. I tried adding Empty on steam, but it said there was an error, duno about that, but i added your SC alias candle12345, empty, and tried to get you to play. w/e. i believe my steam account name is Notorias as well, same pronunciation as my forum name, Notorious, but spelled with the A.

2. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

;)

the problem is that specifically said the zerg and toss will not be expansions but stand alone games.

as for episodic content they also said that it didnt go as planned with war3 so they had no intention to do it with SC2

as for getting on b-net to play SC1, i lost my old copy and my new *aquired* copy does not work on b-net. im too lazy to go to crackspider so unless i manage to pull my original CD ot of my ass im screwed.

...actually there is an independant (what ever b-net is) that is commonly used. ill look it up later and put a dl link here if anyone is interested in that. i remember it was better than b-net because less people played crappy maps.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  3. Notorious

Notorious Member

if anyone is in a hole with not having their game anymore, just buy that shit from Amazon.com, im sure they ship anywhere, its only a couple dollars for shipping and handling, and the game is like $10 anyway nowadays. Or you could try EBAY, they're both secure shopping sites.

4. Notorious

Notorious Member

Oh, and I don't think the stand-alone starcraft games will be a good or bad thing until they've been played

I mean, I don't think Blizzard has done anything like this before have they?

Who knows? It might be successful, and they might actually get a game out on time for once, there will always be people that complain, what matters is your own opinion. Just as long as you don't make me try to agree with you.

5. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

We should play on Channal EMP on US east.

6. Empty

Empty Member

Sounds good. Let's play a round.

7. Notorious

Notorious Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarCraft_II

Looks like starcraft 2 will be a trilogy of a main game +2 expansions

they've been developing it since 2003, but announced it in May 2007, as of november, that will be a year and a half since the public announcement, that you could consider an 'official' wait

looks like theres a little extra information about the story in the starcraft books, but not much

still no official release date

i don't know if anyone remembers, but i could have sworn they had set the release for october of 2008, like a year ago, just fyi

please god let it come out on december 3rd

8. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Well, only good thing about the Triology:

The games might be cheaper and you will only need one part to play online! :)

9. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Nobody ever thinks of making a sequel to Chess. If Starcraft is already 'teh best game evar!' then why make a sequel? Is a sequel even necessary? The game is already considered by many to be the pinnacle of multiplayer RTS. Who needs a sequel? Without a SC2 I'm sure the Koreans would still play SC1 for the next twenty years. It's not like Blizzard needs the money either.

If you want the story to continue, they could just have done another expansion pack.

10. Empty

Empty Member

I'd have been happy with a new expansion pack, especially with some advances on the map editor.

11. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

IMHO. I found star craft horrible.

Playing TAS these days I've found much more fun.

12. Empty

Empty Member

Foxy
    How Could You Do This To Me?
    :'(

13. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

Like... Like... This!

I just typed it in... and, it was a lot easier then I thought. :P

14. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Total Annihilation Spring? Yay! I was always more a TA man myself too.

15. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Ta was much more fun :p

16. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i love total annihilation, i still have my copy (the multiplayer cd, the single player cd got lost :() from when i first bought it <3<3<3<3<3

17. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Me too. Still got it installed, even with SupCom around.

18. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

meeee tooooo <33333 supcom is great and i play it but deep down if it wasnt for the graphics i prefer total annihilation!! *puts hand up for friendly high five to Hendar23*

19. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Woot!

With todays PCs you can play on SupCom sized mega maps with thousands of units on each side and it still runs like a greased weasel.

I'm still pissed off about a 1 on 1 game I played about ten years ago when it crashed just as I was getting the upper hand after a 5 hour deadlock. Classic stuff. :D

20. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

^^ those games are the best, unless it crashes :'(

no high five back? ;_;