Starcraft 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Notorious, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Notorious

Notorious Member

I've been thinking about going on a Starcraft + Starcraft Brood Wars playing binge during my off hours away from work and school,

in preparation for Starcraft 2,

anyone want to play a couple b.net, or those other internet game options wit me, lemme know, just to relive the almost 15 year old game now,

its about freakin time they made starcraft 2

and if you want to use vent to communicate on SC, lemme know what yall are using for vent for empires, cause i could get vent, and use that also to make it easier, otherwise, im fine with typing. or if you have a different vent server for something else that we could use.

2. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

I'll play ya. Tho lets use steam. trying to keep my app number down.

3. Notorious

Notorious Member

lets use steam to play starcraft? how do you do that?
    that would be nice though

i was thinking of playing with a person or two also, against comps though, as some maps ive seen have insane-comp mods, that make it a challenge, and much more crazy and random then playing against players.

that was on bnet though. i might have those maps still, its been like 6 months.

4. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

Useing steam in place of vent

5. President Dick

President Dick Member

If anyone wants to give me a copy of SC I'd be glad to play. I haven't played for a long time, but I still hope DT rushes are still certain death vs terran.

6. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

If turrets arn't in place

7. Empty

Empty Member

Don't voicechat in starcraft.
    Play it old skool.

I'm still a semi-regular on Bnet, add me on West
    candle12345

I'm okay at melee, UMS is where it's at bro.

8. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

im down. zerg are my favorite race, protoss are my best (because they are broken), and terrain im still trying to figure out.

9. Notorious

Notorious Member

how are protoss broken?

Im gonna log on tonight empty, october 9th, for a couple hours, i got a test tomorrow so i cant play for long though, hmm... candle12345, mine should stil be Notorias, it never lets me make it Notorious, heh, but who knows i might get lucky this time, i tend to have to remake my ID everytime i go back to bnet cause of the long periods in between visits.

i used to be decent at melee, i stopped playing vs. players cause lots of bnet people would form teams and completely stack rape newb-pick-up teams that i would end up being stuck on

UMS is definitely something i played a lot, i used to be one of the top players on the WW2 maps, but that was like 5-7 years ago, before all the bug exploiters

im gonna see if any of you are on empires real fast tonight before i do this,lataz

10. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

because the only map any plays is BGH which removes the only drawback they have, mineral cost.

so i guess technically its the map that's broke, but if its all anyone ever plays...

kinda like empires would be the worse game ever if every server decided to only play money.

11. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

I'm pretty decent with Terrans. So I could join, just yell at me at Steam someday (maybe today?)

AND I WANT THE EDITOR FOR SC2!

12. Notorious

Notorious Member

yall need to let me know when your on, ill try to find you in steam, but other then checking my friends list or seeing who is playing, im pretty much a jackass when it comes to that, plus i dont have much free time

i can sort of understand why protoss cost a little more, ive always found them to be the strongest race, i dunno if its a glitch, ive played lots of maps other than BGH(money edited) and havent really noticed, ive always thought the races were more designed to be balanced through character, the protoss have their ancient toughness, power and mental abilities; the zerg have their ancient biological evolutions plus their unstoppably never-ending 'swarm' of minions; and the terran are crazy gung-ho cowboys, with a slight touch into the realm of mental powers(ghosts, etc) and very flexible and ingenius technology that gives them an edge against stronger foes (zerg and protoss)(i.e. bunkers, siege tanks, yamato cannon, cheap units/buildings, though zerg are cheaper, kinda)

anyways, lordDZ, are you running around using admiral_ackbar alias? or is that someone else? ill keep checking games for whoever is interested and posts in this thread, if you see me or have played with me in the last couple weeks though you can probably find me in your most recently played list for friends...and y do u want the editor for SC2?

13. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Admiral_ackbar is just another wacko guy.
    I'm the EPIC ACKBAR!

But back to topic:

Terrans = Siege Tanks. Siege Tanks is the shit.
    Protoss = Highly cost units. Best health of all things.
    Zerg = Spammers, rushers, slaughterers.

14. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

on non BGH the 3 races are balanced very well, terran are bit weak at early game but if they can survive that they do fine.

im mr.quackums (b.net a conversation on b-net was actually the birth of my screen name) but im never on. i can play any day after midnight (GMT - 6), i just need to know in advance to actually install the game.

15. Deiform

Deiform Member

Clicky

Now SC2 is 1 games for the price of 3!

16. Notorious

Notorious Member

Wurd,

But yea Quackums, thats crazy, I gotta be trying to go to bed after midnight,lol, I got classes and work in the early AMs all week, you work a certain partial night shift or something?

But I'll be looking to play SC for the next month, or month and a half, definitely 2 months would probably be my limit, I probably won't try to play SC for a longer period of time if Blizzard decides to extend their release date.

So lemme know if you get some earlier hours or something and have some free game time.

17. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

i just hope its priced fairly, say $40-50 for one physical copy then direct download the other 2 for $10-15 each. still a bit pricey ($80!!) but better than 60, 60, 60.

(btw, at first i accidentally hit report instead of quote. damn forums using different formats)

notorious: ya, i work 5-11 or 6-12. im off monday-wedness though so ill try and be on then.

18. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

I want the map editor for SC2 really baddly as well. Online play is where its at, so the split into three games isn't so bad. Well it wasn't until they told us each game adds a unit or so to the multiplayer game. >.<

SC2 should just give up and go purely UMS, and let Dawn of War 2 take the meelee style fight. Becuase you know DoW2 meelee is going to own SC2 meelee.

SC2's argument for releasing into three games. Original had 30 maps total for all campaigns. So each stand alone will have 30 missions. If they didn't release this way, the SC2 campaign would take till the year 2011 to finish and release. They should just release the damned already finished multiplayer, becuase thats what they built to the finish first.

19. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

my problems are that i prefer a good single player game to a good multilayer game and im a cheap bastard, so the 3 release thing makes my sphincter tighten till it hurts.

20. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

I sometimes go in these "strange moods" where i simply MUST play certain single player games or go insane, but overall i prefer the causality of multi player games

Whatever suits your fancy i always say ^^