Spring(formerly known as TA:Spring)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Wereaser, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

I just DLed the OTA mod, which is supposed to be the old TA and tried to play metal isles(or something like that) on a 2vs2 match with three bots... Didn't quite work out. They seem to have major difficulties with water warfare.

I'd be ready for a friendly 1on1 or a 2vs2 match right now. GMT seems to be close to 8.36am. :) And please post your game names people so if we randomly pop into the server we have chances of noticing each other. :) I've seen Dizzy a couple of times, but I was downloading some maps at that time so I couldn't propose a game. :( Besides Dizzy would've kicked my arse.

Edit: I'll check again later. :)

2. cpugeek

cpugeek Member

My name on spring is cpugeek13. I'm still pretty much a noob to it, but i've played a couple games (mostly against ai).

3. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Just got my ass handed to me by dizzy. :p Damn I suck. :D

Edit:
    I forgot to mention the map. :p
    It was greenhaven v3

Last edited: Oct 16, 2006
  4. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I remember playing that map 1vs1 against some pro guy and losing every game, I just kept playing him for the replays and adapting his techniques into my own

5. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

The map is damn open and thus very hard to defend. I noticed this when I played FFA game against 3 AAIs. They almost got me with CLEAN learning files. :D Damn I need more practice. :p

6. picard131

picard131 Member

I go waaaaaay too slow for normal 1v1s, so I normally blend into larger 5v5s or so and become a useful support player. (IE, I get nukes while everyone's building tanks and half the map goes boom.)

7. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Been playing.

Damn that AAI got good. I can still rush it sometimes, but if it's a four-player FFA game I usually can't get off the ground fast enough.

I also went to a friend's house while all those maps were in my flashget download list.

They're done. They got finished in about three hours. Joy.

8. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Any tricks on avoiding early stalling on metal side? Does anyone use economy AI for example? I tried it in one game and it kept up with my spending quite well.

AAI version 0.76 was released recently and it seems to be a lot more aggressive than the previous version. I've been having a bit of bad luck in getting KAI to work and from what I read from the forums it seems that KAI is in a turning point(getting GPLed or scrapped or something else).

I played my first games of AA yesterday against AI, it's goddamn fast compared to OTA(I felt a lot more home while playing this "mod") or XTA.

Perhaps next weekend we can have a little game... Anyone for or against?

9. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

I helped test KAI one time.I was taken by suprise ^,^, got flanked by an ai O.O. I've played against it with my friend on lan alot, good way to blow a day.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TvT7_gs3RwY

I want to play on that sooo bad O.O. Its spring but all on one giant map with multiple users. Who needs a minimap anymore ^,^. Next step is to make it touch based to really make it interactive.

10. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

:P Lovely.

11. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

I played a couple of large games with JJ45 recently. :p It was hell of a lot of fun although I kept repeating the common mistakes I make...

Anyways those who play AA know what those three big things are that are leveling the enemy base. :) I used to have four just moments before taking that image, but 10 Big Berthas took their toll. :D This was a 4vs4 match with 7 AAIs with clean learning files. Map was speedwater or something like that.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  12. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

I'd play, but I'm not adventurous enough to test how laggy I'll be.

13. Empires Noob

Empires Noob Member

I´ll play as The Masta as soon as the download is finished

14. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Does anyone know where I can find working dl for nanoblobs? The one in unknown-worlds seems to be missing a file. :(

15. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I gave this a shot a while back... Didn't get into it that much; saw it more of a tech demo then a game... Guess Ill try this again, as it seems that SupCom beta isn't that popular here :(

Username: Shinzon

Why are there so many freaking mods out for this? And what is everyone using?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2006
  16. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

There are quite many mods out there, but the most played ones are XTA and Absolute Annihilation. I've only gotten my ass kicked so far, but I guess some day I'll learn the ropes. :D

17. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I play AA, xta is a bit too slow paced imo

18. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

There are so many mods because Spring is an engine, not a game. There can be only mods.

19. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

my advice on spring (on normal maps, not bloody speedmetal maps). (on AA mod, which is all anyone ever plays ^_^)

I usually start with two windmills or a solar panel depending on the map. (It says the wind/sun strength in the battle room). Than quickly get your infantry factory up. Vehicles are a little power hungry, but dont even touch the air factory at the beggining of the game or you will be 3 minutes behind evryone else. Keep your com busy at home helping the progression of unit building, or building more small energy buildings.

Professionals keep moving, always be conducting small raiding partys and claiming territory with your builders. The more turf you have, the further along you will be ahead of your opponent.

random tips: in a 2v2 or more on a metal'less map, one player can build alot of metal store, than have the other commander blow his com up and let him harvest the metal. This will give him a massive amount of metal and turn the tide against your opponent with enough recoursces to raise an army unbeatable by the amount of hardware the enemy would be able to utulize.

You can terraform by building dragons teeth (the wall section thingys) over a large area. Than you can simply place the building (like an artillery installation) on top of the dragons teeth, and it will absorb them and begin building your structure.

You can carry nano turrets in the advanced transport, 10 to be exact. With about 3 of those transports, you can have the building speed of 30 nano turrets anywhere on the battlefield. Turret spam anyone? God damn I <3 those tachyons.

Also, you can lift krogoths/oricons at the current time hehehe