[Split] Remove Heat To Target from vehicle weapons

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Kylegar, Apr 19, 2010.

1. OuNin

OuNin Member

stop drop and roll :rolleyes:

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

I assume you mainly refer to stickystun, since I cant recall any situation I got a tank to overheat while hitting them with mortar ^^

Im sure its not that much of an issue to either keep it as it is, or just turn the tank immobile and defenseless for a set period of time.

3. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Rockets, Mortars, Sticky Stuns, and Stickies all have a small HTT (aside from sticky). Those should be kept, due to the fact that they are infanrar.

4. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Yes please.

5. OuNin

OuNin Member

yes, i was referring to this.

6. flasche

do RPGs and mortars really have that much of an effect? im mainly on the giving side here, i barely drive tanks ...

7. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Enough to overheat a comm if you have 3 grens rocket sniping. I used to get a squad of 4grens + 1engi, and just snipe their comm from half-way across the field. Nothing he can do.

8. Demented

Demented Member

Against tanks, RPGs attack far too slowly to have any effect.

That's not to say it won't apply to certain other fast-firing weapons.

Most armors takes 2.5% of any damage they take as heat (regen is 3%, absorbant is 1%, and comm armor is 14%). In theory, railguns should do about 2 heat per second, enough for a BE heavy to keep your heat level at a standstill if you were moving with Fission engine, though I've had experiences where it feels like more.

9. flasche

ive never got stunned from rocketsniping like that predom and im quite sure ive got hit by several grens quite often, u sure he didnt just not move? :eek:

10. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Considering his entire team was at spawn, there were walls being built to protect him (lol trying to hide nf comm), I'd say he was stuck.

11. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

Infantry weapons do not give any heat to target. The effect you are experiencing revolves around armor, and how much of the 'impact' is translated into heat for the tank. in 2.24, the commander armor had a lot of hit points, but it was balanced by the fact that it had a very high damage-into-heat ratio that overheated it easily. AFAIK, this was removed when commander armor was nerfed.

Tbh, I think that this effect should be removed from all armors as well. All in all, Heat should be a function of the driver's driving, not outside forces.

12. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Then it's not really driving so much as controlling when you fire your weapons, right?

13. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

Driving contributes to your heat as well (or, more technically, heat dissipation). I feel that this should stay, since it is important that moving + fireing is not the best idea, but you can if you need to or want to push your tank.

The Heat received from damage is just dumb. Not only does a weapon damage your tank, but it also contributes to it overheating, possibly causing it to overheat and shut you down.