"Specials" slot for vehicles.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Aquillion, Feb 21, 2008.

1. petemyster

petemyster Member

wow wow wow soo many. How am i meant to chose? :D

Researching all of em would be a pain.

2. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Part of the suggestion was that they would be part of existing research items (eg researching adv. coolent might also grant something for the specials slot that helps deal with heat.)

I don't think that many of these would be worth researching on their own. Additionally, I think there is an advantage to not giving these things their own research items. The problem is that right now, what often happens is that the comm researches one set of equipment that the entire team is stuck using. (And when the option is whatever-the-comm-researched or the standard paper armor, obviously you take whatever the comm researches.)

Making special-slot items 'fringe benefits' for existing research items would give more options for customization. These things are optional (unlike weapon/armor/engine/chassis), so not everyone would want to spend the weight involved in installing one... but if they were made part of existing research items so any research path unlocks some, that would ensure that players always have at least some customization options, without the comm having to sacrifice strategic advantage (by researching redundant / optional things).

3. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I would prefer it if such traits stayed limited to classes. It would be no fun if anyone, for example, had increased armor or defuse skill.

Or anyone with a speed bonus for that matter.

I can't come up with specifics, but I'm sure there is a way to manipulate such a system in ways people won't want. Just my .02. At least with such skills limited to classes, It limits which skills can be used together and who can jump out of that uber vehicle when it gets to where it's going.