Someone send me a note when the game is playable ?

Discussion in 'General' started by JustGoFly, Feb 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. complete_

complete_ lamer

so did you guys realize that security isnt spike yet or did you just double down once you realized you got them mixed up

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Still failing to both see why everyone seems unhappy and how this is really super game altering. Can someone explain to me? I'm with security here, these changes felt minor and predictable.

3. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Is anyone tracking the number of players ? Have they increased or decreased with 2.7.0 changes ?

Seems like we had alot of players on NUBS prior to 2.7.0 and in the previous 2.6.x release, balance was achieved shortly after that release. Which I attribute to server changes made by Creeper. But I could be wrong on that one. In that release BE heavies were strong early, but once NF completed the longer list of research required to get it all the right weapons. At that point the favor swung to NF. Creeper - were there balance changes made on NUBS to the previous release? Seems we discussed a few months ago about balance and something changed to improve HE Canon to enable BE to compete against NF, and balance was close. But without an official script release from the crew that needs no testing.

What I find funny is that Security states he can beat me with any tank at any time, and I'm sure he's right. But how does someone with an ego that huge test balance. Is he playing with himself while testing the game ? lol

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

reducing heavy armor by one=NOT SUBTLE. WILD SWING OF BALANCE. KILLED THE GAME. DONT EVEN KNOW HOW BUT INFANTRY IS ALSO RUINED*
    *never posts in any feedback topic

at least complain about the crashes, geez.

5. Lazybum

What? 2.6.9 was released in late june last year, even though any thing that would possibly give nf an advantage happened sooner then that considering there isn't anything in that update that modified tank balance.

Player pop feels sameish? 2 things I notice is it feels like there's more new players, and I can honestly say I don't think any of them really care about any of these script changes, they probably don't have too much of an idea if this empires is balanced or not or possibly care for that matter. If they do care it might be more they just see an update happening to some game they downloaded and haven't really played due to dead servers. The other thing is I feel like there's been more mid week games, I know I saw like a 15 pop game or something earlier today, like 4 pm uk time which I really can't remember the last time that happened. In short update hasn't affected player pop much I don't think, there feels like there's been a small increase since December which felt a bit dead to me and update certainly hasn't made it worse.

Testing so far has consisted of me and security shooting each other. This is minor little changes mind you, like seeing if nf shotty pistol will kill as often in one hit or a more recent one seeing how much damage walls take if their resists were lowered by 3-4% against vehicle weapons. Honestly this didn't feel terribly different when I was testing stuff with spike, and again I said what I thought was working and what wasn't, though in this case I haven't really found fault in what security has been doing so far, considering a bunch of them would be things I'd do too if I was doing scripts.

Security has mentioned that any bigger changes will require actual tests before being implemented, like turrets being damaged by infantry weapons.

6. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    complete_ likes this.
  7. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

This is now officially a joke.
    You know what, I am not even gonna ask someone to lock this thread, even though this thread really fits the definition of creating drama and personalized attack.

You called the changes bad, ignoring the fact that you actually supported the idea of some changes (aka NF heavy tanks OP).

Then you said infantry pistols are still the most powerful weapon, implying that has anything to do with me. I nerfed them in my first patch (aka 2.7.0).

and then you said I ruined infantry even though nothing fundamental about infantry was really touched.

Then you blamed something that happened before late-December on me (when I haven't even joined the team.)

Now you are trying to say that we lost players even though Xyaminou's link doesn't support that.

What's next? I am really excited.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  8. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

if anything we've "gained" players. I have seen more new players in the past week than in the month before the release (evidence by EPIC being populated instead of NUBS), now this doesn't mean population will grow, people come to check out the game and leave, veterans come back and leave again.
    Now you might agree or disagree with the changes but most (if not all) of them have good reasons to be there. I'll admit I'm not a big fan of reducing the weight of APCs and NF Heavies, but I understand why it was done, and in the end it doesn't affect the game that much.
    If you want to yell at them for something, yell at the bugs, but there's no blame to be assigned, any game being actively developed will have bugs.

Also, yell at catface for thinking absorbant is good, please :p

9. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

[​IMG]

I sent this model to Sparatacus some time ago, dual cannon nf heavy. :)

A-z-K likes this.
  10. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

We throw you in an ice cold river. If you float - bam, you're a witch. If you drown your name is cleared, but we take your stuff anyway.

11. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

this is an outdated method, everyone knows you have to compare his weight with a duck and if it's the same he's a witch.

12. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Just so we're clear, X's link doesn't necessarily show a contradiction to having lost players or not (though this is probably not the way JGF intended it to mean). You can have a net gain of active players and still have lost former players.

Retention rates would be interesting, perhaps.

13. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Can we all take a minute to appreciate how cool this is tho. Look at that beast.

Neoony likes this.
  14. Lazybum

It works for giving them a second cannon, but it doesn't fix their high ass easy to hit model nor it's bad handling. Which is important, there's bunch of spots on a nf heavy that can't aim down far enough to hit be, regardless if it's a cannon because I feel like someone will mention cannon shells dropping and no it doesn't work.

It is neat, would be cool to have that 2 type heavy deally where it can have either a 2x3 slot ml, 1x3 slot cannon or 2x3 slot cannon, 1x3 slot ml for both teams that I''ve seen someone mention.

15. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Yeah the handling and size don't match up. But I think having that choice would balance up the late game well and though I like the asymmetrical balance in places I think I'd happily forgo it to have more flexibility in the tech tree. Currently when considering a weapon you are ultimately constrained because it may benefit one faction more than another - I think that is one big reason why balance is so hard to achieve despite having many different types of cannon and Mls.

16. Lazybum

I feel it's more missiles tend to mostly be thought of as aux weapons, which is why most of them tend to have some sort of gimmick that makes them unique and useful in certain situations. They are also slow, so people have the worst time hitting other moving tanks with weapons that aren't guided or homing. It's a shame uml never happens, it's actually really good on a nf heavy, I'd wager better then dual ranged be heavy in a tank fight but people can't handle it being 1000 speed slower then ranged, so they miss. Or more possibly they have a cannon, everyone thinks tanks=cannons, people start off with cannon and now their aim gets jostled a bit which is kinda not great for a missile that flys straight, along with you have to aim in 2 separate distances from a moving tank if your weapons travel at 2 different speed and agai everyone leads off with that cannon so tend to miss most of the missile shots.

But yeah, I'd like it too, the different heavy chassis, not much because of balance because I kinda don't think it's as hard as it seems(honest) but for simply having more choices, both as a player and as a commander researching.

17. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

Yeah, lets put some turbo-charged diesel power in this whale so she can turn like a barracuda!

18. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Skip to FEEDBACK if you don't want to see lots of shit comments explaining this and that.

Security - this thread is NOT about you. You seem to think it's about you, and the world spins around you. So you go with that if you like. I recall the day 2.7.0 coming out your typing in a game ~I have made no changes this is not my release, I don't know what the devs did~. And fuck me for not screen capturing it. And that is not a quote - which is why I put ~Approximately~ ticks around it. So your jumping in and basking in the glory here is just you being you.

Before I say negative shit - first know I highly appreciate the devs doing the work on this game. Tama - I mean absolutely no disrespect to you. It sucks that we dump on devs for their hard work. My point really is to refine the process. Please use an open test server. Please open at least the scripts READ ONLY so we can do diff's between versions to see what has really happened. I don't keep every version. The old source base has been obsoleted but the new one is closed to prying eyes. Obviously the source should be protected, but that requires precise diff of every file and documenting exactly what has changed by the devs. Scripts should not be invisible to us. Stage releases, so server owners can provide a Stable (old) server and a Beta (Latest) server.

Negative shit = Honest feedback. Take it negative or how ever you like, but please take it.

I'll apologize for my perceived tone in this note. Emotion is easily misunderstood in text notes. This is NOT an attack on the devs, other than my trolling Security for his assumptions that I am talking about him. I just get a kick out of him.

Players will always favor the Latest. We like change, but if it crashes the old server will get populated. We like experimentation and new things. We like to bitch about everything. Is this really not well known?

I've played the last couple days a couple dozen games, and prior to that I stopped two weeks ago right after 2.7.0 was released. My experience in the game was not good at that point. Given the large group playing, it waters down my ability to test balance.

Recent releases seems to be about nerfing tanks and buffing infantry. This was Spartacus's plan and no one liked it. Now the infantry game is about lying on the ground so you are smaller target in infantry since a short burst is sure death. I used to tell players to never lie down, but that has changed. No more rushing and accuracy rules the fight. Why was infantry touched? Change for the sake of change is ok - but one persons plan should be reviewed, not a surprise.

My comment on pistol has nothing to do with shotguns. If I have a bead on an enemy player as engineer, and am unloading on him. All he needs to do is turn and rapid fire with a pistol to kill me. And the nubs yell HACK every time that happens.

Tank Armor is such that if you choose the wrong armor - your team loses, and COM's take shit. Every armor used to have a purpose. Reactive was good for mediums - heavy and strong but too heavy for heavies. Absorbant used to actually absorb some punishment but was easily countered by Bio ML, BIO used to regen fast but required skilled players to keep moving and not be an easy target. Salvo ML has all but eliminated it's value. Reflective required a decent tank driver to angle from the enemy, and Compo was a little piece of heaven of all but very expensive. They've all been made so similar, we only research one of them. Budget seems to be bad, but maybe someone else who research's it can say what it's value is?

Reactive on an APC with MG for BE allows 1 sheet on left, right, back and 2 on front. And it doesn't seem to be any stronger than reflective.

Tank Speed has been dropped on all vehicles, so there is rarely a reason to research more than one engine. Start time for an engine is very slow. It's easier to drive, but harder to fight with.

Guided ML was OP and Creeper did drop it's kill strength after 2.6.9. It alone made NF way OP, and balance was regained. Why couldn't that have been an immediate release last year? I heard - we know about it, but nothing was done. A simple script change could have solved the problem.

In the last two days, and approximately 20 games I have crashed about 30 times. All when I build an APC. I tested whether it was in NF or BE and thought it was 100% of the time, but was able to 1 in 20 of the time spawn without crashing. Quick rejoin is great - love it, much needed. Others are complaining of other crashes.

Last night I noticed ML's - shoot way left of center. I am used to aiming a hair to the right, but they seem to be further off the mark in this release. Up close I aim way right to hit anything like a turret. I don't recall that being as big of a problem in 2.6.9.

I get a fair number of people asking why they can't join. Maps are causing crashes. I recommend they delete their map folder and validate the game in Steam to reload. If there is a recommendation to fix this or the APC crash, I'd love to hear it.

19. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Let's take a look at what you wrote in the beginning.
    Where's your points? None.
    There's only 12-years old emotion.

If your started this thread with your reply above, I am sure more people, even myself, would've cared, really.
    You are just making yourself look bad.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  20. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Security - focus on whatever you like. I did check out for two weeks. A much needed break from this game and you. Your insults are being returned in kind. I was fed up with the game and honestly posted my feelings. If you choose to ignore the community, even the pissed off ones, then you're the wrong person for the job. If you focus on your ego in every post and what I say about it rather than the game information - then you should not be corresponding with the players.

And - I claim to have the temper of a 13 year old, which beats the hell out of your childishness.

Am I seriously the ONLY person saying that the balance has gone backwards and crash's are rampant? Might new players be mistaking these for being kicked and losing new players due to pissing them off?
    Does anyone really feel the tank balance has improved?
    Are the infantry changes better than the previous release?

Glad to see the mod is far from dead. So I certainly withdraw that statement. I do not like the direction these balances are going though. Constantly downgrading tanks is not good. Your statements in the game of reducing this tank weapon and reducing that are constantly being refuted by the players - but you ignore them. Since you know what is best for all. We had another scripter who wouldn't run anything past the community. Have we not learned from that?

I took a poll tonight when 40+ players were online. 48% of 27 people (that's 13 of 27) who decided to vote said they crashed at least once today. Some started posting how frequent they crashed, one saying nine times. I crashed about five times today, four when spawning an APC. Another when just driving a heavy. I stopped spawning APC's, and stopped leading squads since it seemed silly to be squad lead in a light tank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.