Someday, i'll crush my own ipod by just sitting on them

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sonata Arctica, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Deiform

Deiform Member

With a phat (yes phat) PhysX chip on top of it, accompanied by one mother of a fan which really pisses you off at night when it whirls around drowning out your music so you end up hitting the case, then realising you can play COD3 really loud and explode your ear drums because you have the Jackhammer sub sitting directly behind your face so you don't have to listen to the stupid fan!

2. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

In 2003, I bought a Zen in Singapore because the iPods costed more. It broke in about a month while I was still out to sea. I got an iPod once I got back to land, and I haven't regretted it. I hate Creative so damn much because of this and other things.

3. Jn.

Jn. Member

It killed your best friend didn't it. Yeah, did the same thing to me.

4. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I have a 1999 Panasonic CD player. Tattered, the lid broke off, scratched, half assed and shitty looking, but it still WORKS.

5. Goose

Goose Member

We'll I have been an ipod user before most people even knew what an mp3 reall was. I was the old g3 ones, with the actually turning wheels and the buttons around it. The battery life lasted me about 1/2 of stairway to heaven.

6. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

My Panasonic goes about 5 full hours on Duracels.

7. Chahk

Chahk Member

I've had the exact opposite of your experience. My first iPod (3rd Gen 20 gigs) broke about a month after I got it even though I was babying the f***er. The screen stopped working: it would fade out within a minute of being turned on. Luckily the player was still covered under the warranty so it got replaced for a "new" (read: referbished) one. Unfortunately the replacement only lasted about a year before the battery life started to dwindle, just as the warranty had expired. I didn't feel like shelling out $100 to have it serviced by Apple, nor did I feel comfortable taking it apart by myself. So I ebay'd it and got myself a Creative Zen Vision:M 30GB that hasn't had any problems since.

Previous bad experiences with Apple's player and a side-by-side feature comparison between the 5g iPod and the ZV:M convinced me to look elsewhere. I'm not an Apple-hater by any means though. If Apple (or any other company for that matter) comes out with a good product that suits my needs I'll definitely consider it the next time I'm shopping for a DAP.

8. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

I'm going to venture a guess that both products are about the same quality. Thus, someone may buy one and be happy with it forever. Then again, they could buy one, have it break, switch to the other, and be happy with the other forever.

Random chance.

9. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Heh, and yet the pair of sunglasses I got from a street vendor on the streets of Rome in the summer of 2005 are still alive and kicking... Hell, I use them every time I drive. Kinda says something about Creative, there.

10. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Anyone looking at the Microsoft Zune player? Not to start microsoft bashing here (surprised it hasn't come up actually).

11. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

ive heard of that, but i dunno....how can they handle copyrighting and stuff?

i like this
    http://www.iriveramerica.com/prod/ultra/clix/clix-2GB.aspx

but im probablu gonna get an Ipod next, i got an IRiver H10 20gb, and the fuckers plastic over the screen broke. it still works, just it makes me nervous.