Someday, i'll crush my own ipod by just sitting on them

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sonata Arctica, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

2. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

3. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

My Samsung MP3 player pwns the ipod shuffle, it cheaper too, plus I get radio =D

4. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

better crushed than up your butt...

5. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

LOL, my dad just got a Shuffle, but the old one :D
    And yeah, pretty much all other brands pwn ipods, just because iPod is becoming a brand label like American Eagle and is bought regardless of the features/pricing :(

6. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

maybe because its the best overall
    And ive had one, now own a sony walkman 20gb, also I have tried out the zen and samsung extensively (other ppl had em) and Id still have to say that the ipod is best overall. Best software of all, definitly, most support and plugins aswell. It just looks coolest of all and has great features, not forgetting the round wheel is just the sweetest thing ever.

But I had to make an important choice this time, and I chose for batterylife and sound quality, which brought me to the sony walkman, if an ipod had long batterylife (40 hours or more) i wouldnt hesitate one second to get one

7. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Those huge ass screens of the new ipods can suck the entire battery dry in under 3 hours... The version with no screens usualy last a fairly decent amount...

8. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Indeed, you have to pay attention to their battery life things.
    Sure, 40 hours on MUSIC. But if you want video, it gets cut down to like 40 hours of video playback. Pah. I'd rather spend the extra cash and get 20 hours (with one of those bigger things, that have a 40 gig HD).

Also, last time I checked iPods don't support .wma and .wmv, popular formats. Only macinshit, mp4 and m4p stuff.
    Software? I have to use a 3rd party program just to take off their stupidass encryption and convert the songs into mp3s to get any use out of them.

I'm thinking about getting the new Zen Vision:M, longer battery life and since their company isn't biased (M$ vs Mac) they support lots of types of media.

9. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Creative software sucks though. I installed it on my computer to help my brother (zen micro) out and the amount of crap it put me though was too much. Creative and Sony have both installed software on my computer which has required me to reformat. Nothing out there has won me over yet

10. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

I have a Creative Zen Vision:M, and I love it. The software is shite, but WMP works fine with it, and it has a good battery life. I got fed up with my ipod after it broke 4 times.

11. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I broke mine pretty badly, crushed the screen and certain parts inside were loose, but i knew the menus and my music by heart so i could still play music till the battery died ^^

12. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I don't use music gizmos. I am not- that- addicted to music. I mean, they would be cool if those tiny junkers didn't cost like.... €200, when it took them €20 to produce one back in Poorlandia.

13. Jkun

Jkun Ban Hammer Manor Ruler

I'm a big music buff, but yeah, it took me quite awhile to justify the $120+ for my DS Lite. I really couldn't see myself shelling out that kind of money for a tiny, speakerless stereo. Besides, that kind of defeats the point of pirating music, eh? >;O

14. Jn.

Jn. Member

Well the customer service (at least around where I live) is pretty decent. My friend dropped his ipod and broke it(the original kind) and he just took it to the apple store, told them it stopped working, and they gave him a fucking video. They just fucking GAVE him one. Of HIGHER value.

I've got an ipod mini. Bought it from my friend for 40 bucks. Not a scratch on it when he gave it to me.

15. Chahk

Chahk Member

I have the ZV:M too. It beats the iPoo in every category that matters. Screen quality, battery life, codec support, audio quality, features. The only thing that's lacking is the 3rd party accessory market.

16. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Bad experiences?

17. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I swear one of theese days I will loose theese "Uber tiny" MP3 players in my own pocket...

18. supaste

supaste Member

i had a creative zen sleek then i dropped it on the floor and it stopped orking properly so i got my mam to take it back to hmv.

(my mam is the master or returning goods!)

19. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I only get my graphics cards changed.

20. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Im waiting for the DX10 ones to hit the shelves and then im shelling out 600-800 bucks for one monster...