Smash for 3ds

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lazybum, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

So smash came out for the 3ds yesterday. Who here plays it?

It has been a lot fun so far, online hasn't been to bad either.

Little mac is fantastic, just saying.

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

It could be interesting, sure, but I'm not going to get a 3ds for that.

3. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

All of my friends who have 3ds got it, I played a little but I found the flat analog stick was hard to handle. Normal gamepad analog sticks have that spherical motion while the 3ds one moves in a flat plane so it was weird. Anyways, it was pretty fun, I found Rosalina's fighting style was really fun and a new spin on fighting. I'm not made of dosh though so I'm not going to get a 3ds, but I really can't wait for the Wii U version to come out now.

When I played Tekken 3 (or 4?) my favourite character was Steve Fox, really fun to play that style of having to dodge and doing follow ups.

5. Lazybum

Well 3ds has other games, but yeah no one should get it just for smash. Especially with the wii u version coming out in like a couple of months. Oh, I do suppose there is that new 3ds they are making too, even less reasons to get one right now.

Still it makes me wonder who even has a 3ds, I think empty's thread on pokemon also generated a lot of " don't have the console".

6. BigTeef

I cant imagine a fighting game being any good on a handheld, but smash bros isn't the typical fighter.

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I didn't play 4 but I know Steve wasn't in 3.

Also, what do you mean your favourite character wasn't Yoshimitsu or Eddy?

8. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

what do you mean your favourite character wasnt paul and his one hit ko?

9. CRITAWAKETS

CRITAWAKETS Member

Got the game launch day,Was dissapointed a little bit by the fact that you have to unlock a main feature(different moves)but atleast you start with more characters than brawl,and they nerfed dr.mario form what he was in melee hes still better than mario however.

10. Lazybum

Yeah, unlocking stuff for the characters is a bit of a pain, but at least playing just that character for a bit on classic or smash run you unlock stuff pretty fast I think.

I got to say I'm not so sure about all these character's with a counter, things are bit of a pain because of that. Well at least on classic mode, playing against a bunch of little macs is near impossible because one of them is always countering right before you hit.

I'm really diggin all these buffs to sheik though, so many options to set yourself up for a combo.

Oh yeah, I forgot friend codes were a thing, here's mine if you or someone wants to smash it up. 2165-6133-8708

11. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

I have it. I love it, for all three hours I've played of it.

Smash run has some similarities to City Trial from Kirby Air Ride (not like anybody remembers that anyways). Playing Classic on intensity 9 is ridiculous - I always get to the end but lose to Master Core's third form.

Still haven't unlocked all the characters. I think the ones I've unlocked are Ness, Falco, and Wario.

Also, having to unlock different moves is whatever, because I just play without those. I've played pretty much exclusively Shulk because I can play as him in his swim trunks, and also 'Backslash!'.

12. complete_

complete_ lamer

if by dual screen you mean two titties and by 3ds you mean 3 girls with two titties each and by smash 3ds you mean smash 3 girls with two titties each then ya

jk smash bros has sucked since melee. prove me wrong

13. Lazybum

I'm having tons of fun on new smash, I honestly think it's better than brawl.

14. BigTeef

Been hearing a lot of complaints on controls, and how some of the soul is missing on what made melee and brawl special.

I hope the main console version is better.

15. Lazybum

I don't get the complaints about controls, not unless they are playing the demo versions. You can switch the button layout in the options, only thing you can't do is use the dpad instead of the circle pad. Otherwise it plays like any other smash really.

I did hear things about there isn't any wave dashing, which as far as I could tell only 5% of the playerbase would ever bother with, and something about L canceling. Though they said it was less they took it out and more they made it do it automatically.

Just saying it plays fine, some people might have gotten really use to the gamecube controller is all.

16. BigTeef

One of my smash fanatics were talking about the characters and how a bunch of assets were reused and the music being limited.

Something about ripping the charm out of the sticker system and making them generic equipibles; Ruining the personality.

Some of the move-sets being bland and boring on certain characters.

Mind you he told me he had 20 hours on the game and everything unlocked.

He complained about something related to the challenges.

His opinion was that the handheld version was rushed, and he looks forward to the wii u version.

He hand fun with it, and he explained he certainly had a great experience with it and it being a handheld title, but mentioning it does not compare to brawl and melee polish he strives for.
    And mentioned the 3DS OS is really holding the game back.

He really hates toon link.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  17. Lazybum

Yeah, I think he is right, 3ds smash is a stripped down version. As far as I know everyone thinks the wii u version will have a ton of more content. Like he said though, it is fun and I think think for a handheld version it has pretty much everything I could want in it. The lack of songs kinda sucks, but I do think there is a few more songs then on melee, I only remember one song on each stage with a potential of another one on a very select set of stages.

Besides, it got one of the best versions of gerudo valley. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPsrvtzGI5w

There is a weird thing of challenges, it looks like there is only 1 page of 35 challenges, most of them easy to get. But when you do get them it unlocks a few more pages, that might be what he was complaining about.

I don't quite get the sticker and equip thing, no one really bothers with it outside of smash run I think. I know I never bothered with it in brawl, I didn't see the point.

18. BigTeef

I want Groose so badly.
    He would have been great for hyrule warriors.

19. Metruption

Metruption Member

Gamecube controller was better in brawl because it's impossible to do the ice climbers chaingrab combo with a wiimote, you HAVE to use x/y to jump and you HAVE to use the c stick to smash otherwise your opponent will escape

20. complete_

complete_ lamer

bump

smash for wii u is amazing. the fun is back. played 8 player brawl and it was hilarious and confusing
    ssb:brawl sucks prove me wrong

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014