Small Commander Improvements

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Nuc, May 7, 2015.

1. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I'm surprised, I thought it was suggested before. Or maybe I'm mixing up that with the "vehicles use tickets" idea.

2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

"Everything old is new again." :)

3. Catface

Catface Member

I agree. Also, queuing research gives the "wrong" impression. The idea of research is also to promote continued adaption to enemy tactics and your own team's battle situation.
    Queued research sounds like a sure way to create some very sub-par comms that do not understand that you should adapt continuously throughout the match to what's happening around you.

Not in that way.
    Instead of throwing all weapons, engines, armor, buildings in their own separate trees, I suggest replacing the current system of opaque categories and sub-categories with a tree-graph that shows all research and underlying prerequisites at once. (Including perhaps, multiple prerequisites)

I think having a system where you have multiple diverse trees containing researchable items of various types results in more interesting gameplay. Mostly due to it leading to some - sometimes tough - strategic decisions. (Do I go with a good engine, and quick access to a less-than-optimal cannon. Or a very good armour for this particular map, but not so optimal weapons?)

4. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Hey if you can make research look like a tree graph that's cool. That's something everyone wants but no one wanted to do for whatever legitimate reason they had.