Several bugs

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Lazybum, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

When you die from fall damage your screen goes black, you still have a hud but it is a bit jarring. Unless this is some kind of feature. Edit: I just found out this happens in 2007 edition too, I don't know why I never noticed it before.

Rail cannons have infinite ammo, someone put the 3 in the unlimited part and not the clip part.

Killing yourself with arty strike crashes the game. It doesn't crash when killing the cv or destroying buildings. I don't know if it extends to killing other players, but it is still seems kinda bad.

That's all I got so far. Everything else is working pretty much spot on.

Oh is there some kind of place to see what bugs have been reported already? Because some of this feels like you already know about, but still thought it would be best to report it.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  2. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Screen has always gone black when you die from fall damage. It does the same thing in Steampires. I don't know why it feels more jarring in 2013, it's the exact same thing as far as I can tell, but it is.

Fixed the infinite ammo problem, Trickster needs to pay more attention :P I also put in the value that sets the amount a cannon gains per reload tick, so the clip workaround isn't needed.

And I'm currently working my way through artillery strikes crashing the game.

3. Candles

Looks like any time a ragdoll gets hit with an explosion, it crashes the game. The only reason it's apparent with arty is because it's the only time where a player can kill themselves and then blow up their ragdoll, excluding throwing multiple grenades at their feet. Definitely will want this one fixed before tomorrow then.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  4. Candles

In the interests of time, I decided to put a temporary fix in that disables explosions from affecting ragdolls until a proper fix can be done.