Server files?

Discussion in 'Support' started by gH0sTy, Mar 26, 2011.

1. gH0sTy

gH0sTy Member

I can't find a working link for the server files, the HP link isn't working any more :(
    Any chance of having a mirror for the server files... like moddb.com or something?

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

We're reuploading due to an impending update. Just hang tight for the next day or 2.

3. satoon101

satoon101 Member

Just wondering, but why aren't the server files available via the HLDSUpdateTool like every other mod that is available via Steam? Not a big deal, just want to know.

Satoon

4. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

I think that is what they are setting up now for the next patch. Valve kind of ninja released on us. We were using steam for testing while valve reviewed but then they just put it live without telling anyone. We found out when someone saw it on newely released games.

5. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I think they okayed it, but then didn't release it for a month, so the devs went ahead and released 2.31.

Then valve released, so the steam release was not quite the latest patch and did not include some of the newly added things or something like that. Kill assists I think was the big thing.

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

No idea, waiting on Valve for that.

7. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Server will be available for download when we fix something in it.

Valve didn't set hldsupdatetool up. The guy I talked to (probably not the one that usually did stuff like that for mods) wasn't exactly sure how to do that. We have around 15-20 servers total. If mod gets to counts like 50-500 then move to hldsupdatetool makes more sense. Using hldsupdatetool makes us have to wait on Valve to package one more thing and probably restricts server release to same schedule as client's. Not worth it yet.

8. satoon101

satoon101 Member

Ok, cool, makes sense. Also, make sure when they do add it to the HLDSUpdateTool, that they don't mess it up like they did Dystopia. That mod is an Orangebox mod, but it downloads with the Episoed1 engine instead... So, you still have to download -orangebox and move the mods folder into there. I mentioned that to them, but they didn't seem to really care, for some reason.

Satoon