Seimic nade "fix"

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Opie, May 11, 2010.

1. Opie

Opie Member

I don't think seismic nades are a problem. I do have an idea I thought was still pretty good, that would help teamwork, make engineers less of a do-all class, and stop the whining about seismics/ammo boxes. So my granddddd idea....

Make ammo boxes an option in the grenade section. This would force engineers to choose either to get ammo boxes or get seismic grenades.

EDIT: plz add s in seismic in title

2. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

DROP AMMO I NEED IT FOR MY RPG! A fully loaded APC is heading towards the cv!
    "I choosed semisics instead"
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

DROP AMMO I NEED IT FOR MY RPG! A fully loaded APC is heading towards the cv!
    "imma scout"
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    "i need artillery fire on this position!"

4. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Wait, so the engineer would either get an ammo box that they could use to get ammo for their smg and pistol, or they could get seismics without the ammo box.

So most people in empires would get seismics but no ammo box...unless they were driving a vehicle.

5. Demented

Demented Member

You'd have to rely on another engineer if you want to use more than two seismics, unless there's an armory. Even with an armory, without ammo upgrade, you'd have all of five seismics, not even enough for two turrets.

Just go with the ammo box and tell the rifleman to throw grenades.

6. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Get with the times babe, you spawn with 3 seismics now - the perfect amount to defeat an enemy turret.

7. Deiform

Deiform Member

Or just have limited ammoz from an ammoz box. That would be easier right? WRONG. WE MUST DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE BECAUSE THIS IS EMPIRES.

So instead what we should do is have the scouts steal ammoz from enemy armouries, then get it back to base and dump it outside the rax for your troops. This is the ideal solution.

8. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Make them also spawn with a large amount but recharge quite slowly. Good for rushes but bad for long timed nadespam.

Or spawn with a large amount but the ammo box will disapate some (excess charge?) after a certain amount of time.

9. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Or just get rid of ammo all together and balance it all on reload rates

10. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Why not make it so that only an armory can restock nades, thats 2 seperate ammo boxes too.
    If you make a grenade amoo box, thats like practically saying that grenade gay is how this game usually plays out. You're also really just griefing your team, while the ammo box is a team thing, like some ass games have the "support" class, that has more ammos for his team. You get to grenade spam and your teammates get jack shit.

Bad idea, nice try though.

Edit: didn't read your suggestion very well, in any case, my last argument is still valid.

11. Opie

Opie Member

Yeah, the idea sucks. But I was trying to come up with something to stop whining. I don't think seismic nade spam is a problem. I've had talks with people who think engineer should just be a support class, who think that this won't make engineers go extinct.

Deif's I like your idea. Just limit the ammo for nades.... but then what about taking out those pesky turrets.... would make a gren buddy helpful and could make turrets have a purpose...

12. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Remove grenades?

13. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Why not easily decrease the damage of seismic grenades or increase the health of important buildings?

14. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I thought nades were already going to be limited from ammo boxes, actually.

It's been on the cards a long time.

15. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

An ammo box with a limited supply wouldn't stop grenade spamming, it would just shorten it's length. But it's an alternative that doesn't involve tickets or remove the engi's support role. I guess you could weigh the pros and cons and see if its worth it.

16. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

you could also copycat what RTCW:ET does (and actually lots of FPS after them)

but that would bring up the question why we dont distribute health in packetes aswell ;)

17. Demented

Demented Member

I dare you to test it.

18. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Test what? The spawning ammo or the amount to take down a turret?

19. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I actually liked that idea, dropping the bags of health and the boxes of ammo and it makes a sound like empty plastic containers hitting hard objects.

20. Sirex

Sirex Member

If you really need to change it i would go with the option to only make grenades available from armoury and raise the normal loadout for grenades.
    This would (WARNING LOGICAL THINKING IS REQUIRED TO FOLLOW) also buff the scouts.