Scouts revealing enemy turret range.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Aquillion, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

I have no idea how hard this would be to add, and I can see that being a problem, but nonetheless...

I think it would be neat if, when a scout uses their binoculars to spot a turret, that turret's radius gets shown on the battlefield somehow for all friendly units. (For instance, a slight red glowing radius around it on the terrain.)

This would provide everyone on your team with a 'warning', limiting the 'whoops, I wandered into a turret-farm, now I'm dead!' syndrome. It would also focus attention on it much more effectively, increasing the chance that it gets destroyed.

It could require a skill, or not. That isn't so important.

Perhaps this could also be extended to highlighting enemy mines, making them glow... although I don't know how useful that would be.

Cons: I could see the wide glowing area as being annoying. Still, it would, I think, be much less annoying than running into a turret's radius by accident... and having scouts provide this "warning" system seems very cool.

2. Mr.Bungles

Mr.Bungles Member

me likes it.

3. Rexz

Rexz Member

I like this idea, and it would be pretty nice if it was included with some of the new "improve the scout" stuffs.

4. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

+1 for this idea, but maybe just have turret ranges show up on the minimap than have stuff appear on your screen. maybe have the radius on the minimap show up as fairly vague, but give the scout a spotting skill which will give a much clearer indication of the radius of spotted turrets? like a fuzzy area without the skill, and a hard line and distinct area when a turret is spotted with the skill.

5. Binboy

Binboy Member

Ya, do the minimap show of the turret's range when we have minimap zoom in abilities. The Minimap helps but not alot on Big maps where the minimap is the Street on the map is as big as your character's arrow on the minimap.

6. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Nice but i think it must be "ingame" to not only on the minimap cause of the
    problems mentioned above my post

7. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Support :)

8. BoF

BoF Member

Why not? Let's stick it in!

9. CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue Member

sure?..

It is pretty easy to not get killed by a turret when you are on the out skirts of its range though.

10. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Take it a step futher let them show the team the location and the range
    of enemy cameras and radars (small radars)

11. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

I dont think its really worth a scout targetting enemy cameras/radars tbh