Scout's guide to not suck.

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Falchion, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Falchion

Falchion Member

Scout is the most complicated class on Empires, and all I'm trying to do is to shed light on its potential.

Not like shooting at people like rifleman, or blowing up tanks (nvmind, infantry) as a grenadier, or looking at bars fill up as an engineer.

2. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

The problem is that everything that makes the scout powerfull
    is totaly overpowered and ends in akward situations where both
    teams do nothing else than ref repairing / rebuilding. Ive seen open
    maps with almost no tanks cause their was like no res flow cause of scouts
    on both sides.

3. Dr. Turtle

Dr. Turtle Member

Theamethystduke is an example of a nubby nub, besides u never seen me play as a scunt to know if I'm useful or not. Oh and FYI I do help me team.

4. TheAmethystDuke

TheAmethystDuke Member

How can you call me a noob if you don't know me? Heh? Scunting is useless, it's a fact, you can't denny it. Even with the bug/glitch/exploit it's still useless, long reload time, vulnerability, low RoF, low damage, falloff... ect. Add these up and here you have the most shitty and useless weapon in empires(Even the Plasma Cannons is more usefull).

You would contribute more if you would sabotage enemy structures,
    You would be more usefull if you wen't engineer and supplied your allies,
    You would be more usefull if you had chosen the NFHR or the Carbine instead,
    You would be more usefull if you had bought a tank,
    You would have been more usefull if you had build a turret,
    You would even have been more usefull if you had bought a dual plasma heavy with a standard engine.

I have never, ever, EVER, seen a scout with a scout rifle been usefull.

I can't imagine any situation were the scout rifle could possibly be usefull.

If I'd want to kill infantry I would take the SMG1, NFHR, Carbine, Asault Rifle or the Machinegun, or I would build a lvl3 MG turret.

5. MajorTom

MajorTom Member

i think the scout rifle is pretty useful and good for me anyways, one time on district i had choose the scout rifle and got weapon silencer at the very start and i managed to sneak behind the enemy and started killing a crap load of BE coming out of the second flag spawn, they kept hiding behind boxes with backs towards me only to get shot and killed and not knowing where the shot came from or what was killing them, due to the wep silencer

6. Dr. Turtle

Dr. Turtle Member

and that is why u are a nub, it may not be powerful but if used right and if u aim at the right area it is very VERY useful. duh :D

soo now go use the scout in a useless way since that's all u think it is.

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Scout can be useful if you have an automatic scout rifle script. Then it becomes semi-powerful.

8. Falchion

Falchion Member

And becomes semi-hacked.

9. Empty

Empty Member

I tried to make an auto-scout rifle script (just to try, not to whore :P), failed miserably.

10. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

what script? you can do it manually just fine.

11. Empty

Empty Member

Indeed.

12. TheAmethystDuke

TheAmethystDuke Member

I am a noob because I haven't a seen a scout rifle being usefull? What kind of logic is that?

I don't use the scout rifle, I may have tired it once or twice, I end up switching to SMG1 or switching to a Rifleman with NFHR or Carbine.

It isn't usefull, for the fact that Carbine and the NFHR rifle are more usefull.

Guess what, the times you try to snipe people with scout rifle you are just wasting a player slot.

13. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Scout rifle sucks. It even sucked when HS were instakills.

14. Dragoon

Dragoon Member

And lived under the impression it would be removed someday completely because Krenzo didn't want campers in his MOD.

15. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

scouts guide to not suck.

step 1: pick engineer class

haha nah but really only go scout if your going to organize a rush. Wait till they are ready and sab the barracks and let them kill it while you run inside killing the people repairing.

16. Dr. Turtle

Dr. Turtle Member

stop misspelling "useful" its rather annoying, hate it all u want I'm done with this pointless disagreement...now go play empires and be the BEST NUB U CAN BE! :headshot: <--- duke

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  17. TheAmethystDuke

TheAmethystDuke Member

Being a "grammarnazi" for the sake of being one is not going to make you popular,

You can get a high score with the scout rifle, just like you can with rocket sniping infantry, melee upgrade and spamming HE grenades.

The point is that the Scout Rifle is shitty(Look at the stats below).

I don't care what your score was, it proves nothing. If I am playing canyon, and I manage to kill 5, 10 or 15 people coming out of the barracks that does not mean I was being usefull. If I still did not prevent them from destroying our barracks, then I was useless. I should have killed the engineer nading our barracks. Even if I died 5 times doing that, and all I managed to do is kill that Engineer I was being more usefull then killing that 15 people coming out of the barracks.

Why? Because if I manage to hold long enough for reinforcements to come in so we can destroy the enemy barracks and win the game then I was useful, because then my actions and those of my team mates made us win the game.

So I was more useful killing 1 engineer running nading our barracks instead of 15 rifleman running out of the barracks, because I prevented my team from losing the game.

Sadly you have a hard time understanding this.

And if you are still not convinced, here is the math.

#Scout Rifle(NF)

Damage min/max: 50-15

RoF(in seconds): 2

Fall Off(By this time the damage has dropped by 85%): 2400
    #NF Barracks is 1040 long, so distance longer then 2 NF barracks you will only 15 damage, considering that if you try to snipe distances are usually over 2 barracks, so good luck with 7.5 damage per second.

DPS: 25-7.5
    #So even if your target is standing still in front of you it will take 4 seconds to kill him/her without a headshot, considering no one stands still for that long, you will likely(read:always) be killed in close combat.

Damage Per Clip: 250-37.5

_________
    #NFHR

Damage min/max: 35/11
    RoF: 0.18(5 shots per second)
    Fall Off: 2200
    DPS: 175-55
    Damage Per Clip: 525-160

_________
    #Carbine

Damage min/max: 22-7*3 = 66-21
    RoF: 0.32(time between bursts)
    Fall Off: 2000
    DPS: 198-63(3 bursts per second)
    Damage Per Clip: 660-210
    _________
    #Asault Rifle(Impirial)

Damage min/max: 22-7
    RoF: 0.1
    Fall Off: 2000
    #Fall off base seems to be 0.7, this may indicate that instead of slowly decreasing to 15%, it will decrease to 30%.
    DPS: 220-70
    Damage Per Clip: 770-245
    _________
    #SMG1(Impirial)

Damage Min/Max: 17-4
    RoF: 0.086(Little more then 11 shots per second)
    Fall Off: 1000
    DPS: 187-44
    Damage Per Clip: 510-120
    _________

I am just trying to tell you that you would contribute mroe to your team if you did something else, therefore I am trying to help you but you won't listen.

NFHR and Carbine both have pinpoint accuracy, altough they have some kickback(I didn't check the scripts but the NFHR seems to have more kickback in game).

18. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

The fact that I have never hit for less than 30 damage with the scout rifle against a non-rifleman is proof that your numbers are off. the ROF with the scout rifle is much higher than what you've listed if the user is awp swapping or prone nudge noscoping, and with lag the ROF with the carbine and NFHR is much lower than you listed (in fact, i've never been able to fire 3 bursts in a second with the carbine). The carbine and NFHR have good accuracy but that is limited by the user's vision... there's no such limitation with the scout rifle w/ scope since if a player is in your clip plane you will be able to hit him and if he is moving consistently or standing still you will probably get a headshot.

also, it's a magazine, not a clip.

19. TheAmethystDuke

TheAmethystDuke Member

Don't get upset O.o I just coppied wat was written in the scripts.(I know it's a magazine, yet it says clip in the scripts "clip_size")

You say you never hit less then 30 damage, I assume you play on viper then.

Headshots do twice the damage, so you are right.

Well, you I should have added that the fire rate of both the Carbine and the NFHR are highly dependent on lag.

And I am not going to list stats based on exploits and glitches.

I my self never manage to fire 2 bursts in a second with the Carbine, and I have around 30 latency.

Also, I forgot to add that there is 0.05 second delay between the shots fired in a burst with the carbine. So you are right, it's nearly impossible to fire more then 2 bursts in a second.

And I just coppied what was written, on a US server I can barely hit with the NFHR, while on a EU server I fire around 3-4 shots a second with the HR.

I have no problem seeing my target with the NFHR or with the BE Carbine.

And I still get quite a few headshots with both the HR and the Carbine.

Still, the NFHR and the BE Carbine are way better then the Scout Rifle, no matter even if you are glitching, exploiting, proning, hiding and lagging.

I am dumb? Well, I think I just proved my fact. If you don't give a shit anymore why would you let me know? Sorry, but you are provoking a negative response, calling people noob, and you are insulting me. Are you here to troll?

Don't ask me, I am not the one flaming.

20. OuNin

OuNin Member

Real man scouts get concussion grenades instead of hide.