scouts + armor detection?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Avair, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Avair

Avair Member

kind of a couple of suggestions that are related

make spotting silent for scouts
    give scouts an armor detection skill
    scouts with armor detection would be able to see the plates/hull etc of a tank
    when scouts with armor detection spot tanks, not only do they show up on the minimap but any players looking at them would see the armor info

2. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I like this idea, armor detection should just be a feature of spotting targets where the grenadier gets a version of it that is for personal use only.

3. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Hmm... usually, I'm opposed to giving scouts more anti-tank abilities, but this actually makes sense to me. I think they should have to put the scout version of 'armor detection' in one of their skill slots to use it, of course (this would balance it so it wouldn't just be a free new advantage to scouts); and of course they'd need someone else to actually kill the tank they spotted.

It would make spotting tanks in combat more useful, and give scouts at least something useful to do when there's a serious tank fight going on and no buildings / infantry nearby, without letting them render anyone else obsolete. (Grenadier armor sense would still be useful, since there's no way a scout is going to be spotting every single tank for you.)

Plus, it would give scouts a skill that, essentially, enhances their spotting. I think it's good to have skills that help with each facet of a class.

4. DeadlyDad

DeadlyDad Member

I like it. It's the kind of thing that an actual scout would do. I would make it static info, though - once painted, the vehicle's reported armor level wouldn't change until it was painted again.

5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

not a bad idea(assuming grens still have there version of it) but I also like the idea that spotting guides the squad arty power... Either way it needs to be made more useful..

Also I agree with that silent part.. that voice gets annoying..

6. communism

communism poof

/signed
    Maybe have the scout's 'armor detection' skill innate and only works when using binoculars?
    '

7. Great Grizzly

Great Grizzly Member

Give the scout the ability to mark all targets with values, like health, armor, hull damage, ammo, ect. Make it a thing the scout can do without upgrades and only with binocs.

8. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Hmm... here's an idea. How about if the scout holds the binoculars over an enemy tank for an extended period of time, its equipped parts are reported to the team, or to the CV? What armor it has, what weapons it has, etc. They'd have to hold the button and keep the binocs on the tank for a while for this to happen, so they wouldn't spam their team with it accidently.

Basically, the game has a ton of rock-paper-scissors 'weapon X beats armor Y' oppositions, but without any easy way to determine your opponent's armor, there's no real way to take advantage of them.

9. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

thats a great idea - make it a targetable skill

Scout: Tank Spotted! Relaying Armor Data to friendly HUD's.

10. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I wish the Commander could still use armour detection