scout perk for oneshot kills w/ sniper

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by inferno, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Ahhh, thank you ImSpartacus. That makes all that previous posts make sense.

For the record, if you fire any gun period, there's going to be sway. It'd actually make more sense to give every gun sway than to remove it from the sniper rifle. And, as trigonometry will show you, a very slight change in an angle over a very large distance, like the distance when looking through a scope, becomes amplified into a very noticeable change.

2. RappemongO

RappemongO Member

[​IMG]

3. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

Game design 101: everything needs to have a solution.
    How do you kill a prone sniper that can 1 shot you @ draw distance?
    Nuke heavies are not a valid answer.

Empires design theory 101: "real" mechanics are bad, "logical" mechanics are good.

4. Reznov

Reznov Member

If you only knew flasche, if you only knew...

5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

oh i know, i know. gren has always been my fav class. but ive also played scout a lot* and often with scoped rifle and ive always had high scores and very little deaths (which is in the nature of an "over-ranged" class which can hit while strafing or at least the instant you stopped, which i usually do bc im used to it from other games. all in all i use it like the railgun in quake, just that i aim for the head - or actually the neck since chances are higher you either hit head or torso instead of a miss - and dont jump in the meanwhile). i just didnt archieve much for the team compaired to other classes, i could have won games if i would have been engi or gren in some situations (and i never take hide w scoped rifle)

i bet i at least have been a major annoyance for the opposite team, sometimes i actually felt bad for them. ofc it doesnt work on all maps, but plenty enough - the majority of comm maps at least bc you will have open areas the enemy has to come across** - but ive already had high scores as scunt on district aswell, though if i play it im mainly engi or gren since im actually useful then ...

you are only lucky that guys generally tend to have no plan how to play sharpshooters in videogames, especially if they have the realism touch of being able to prone, so its not that bad in empires. what they do is hide to wait for an enemy instead of actively hunting. thats not how its done ...

btw thats the game in which i learnd how to snipe efficiently http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S5E_oARtLc&feature=related, as you notice its all about movement skill while shooting. thats also why i cant play when jump isnt on RMB and duck on space, odd isnt it ^^

*also engi and rifle, guess thats the nature of playing for 5 years.
    ** and the best thing is that those areas usually are where bases are built so you can have an excelent spawncamp fest. especially since armories and vfs are quite open and ppl tend to stand around admiring ammo crates or useless vehicle screens. i also dont want to know how many base building noobies i headshotted. i certainly didnt make their early game experiences very exciting, they didnt even had a chance to see it coming.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  6. Reznov

Reznov Member

Here's a picture so flasche finally understands what I mean with mortars:

[​IMG]

Of course the scout will be able to dodge it in time IF he noticed the mortar but there's still a chance of him getting hit since he has to prone to aim properly at a ranged target. See what I mean? And don't tell me grenadiers are not usually ontop of hills of some sort.

And yes, rocket kills are possible if the scout doesn't see the guy shooting that rocket at him.

P.S.: Never questioned your skill man, why you overreact?

7. flasche

nono, no worries, no strong feelings involved.
    i just wanted to explain how to - or well how i - play sniper-scout, so we know what we argue about and dont assume people which hide-prone under trees or smthg ...

... also no, you never have to prone as scout ever, thats what i was saying, not even over a distance of 7000 game units which is draw distance for infantry, you just have to click in the right moment if you ADS. infact you can easily hit if you are just standing still for a millisecond - standing as stance. you can also duck behind a wall, stand up, hit the head and duck again. if you noticed the enemy earlier, and since you have a scope you will he barely has a chance unless you fuck it up.

also you should put this in your public folder or idk, im getting 403 - forbidden.

8. Reznov

Reznov Member

@offtopic: Fckin' dropbox, still dunno how to use it. Really wanna use it though since I wanna impress some things with drawings. Someone gotta teach me how to use this properly.

You sure flasche? Shooting someone so far away always required me to ADS while proning because when I ADS while crouching it really is difficult to hit something since the crosshair dances around way too much. And I can't be the only one since most people prone to shoot at things at long distance.

Edit: FIXED DAT DROPBOX OF A VODKA.

9. flasche

inside your dropbox folder create a folder named Public if its not existant. you then can rightclick files in it and select dropbox-copy public link to get a link in your clipboard you can paste here.
    if you create a folder named Photos you can post picture albums liek this, but no single links (unless they changed taht)

also yes im sure, you can hit perfectly fine if you just wait for the shot, even when mobile. the xhair just has to be over the target when you click - which is difficult at first but once you get used to it quite easy - and if you miss a few, nothing is lost, if you are mobile at this distances the enemy needs to be sniper or lucky to kill you. just rinse repeat, he most certainly will die before he is in any distance where he could be a threat to you (dont forget you have regen as your first skill, anything else is useless as scuntsniper imo - regen, ammo, health and dunno speed or stamina or smthg and off we go)
    also i tend to auto-crouch when i encounter any target, so most of the time i probably crouch. i never prone unless i need cover, certainly not to be immobile during a fight - which then ofc kills you.

10. Reznov

Reznov Member

Well I guess this suggestion of 1shot-kills is going to die anyway since scout will probably go close-combat only. Now rifleman with the ARs/HMGs are going to rule the long distance fights. *cry*

11. flasche

good decision imo, if thered be good scunt you wouldnt get out of your base anymore, i mean seriously look how open maps are compaired to other video games, and the current scouts are more of a hindrance rather then something useful anyway (and even good scunts that kill lots dont build up shit bc they simply usually aint close to refs other then for sabbing them).

but i also dont like that any weapon, including pistols, can be used to snipe - though its less efficient - i think all bullets should drop to 0 damage and not cause an effect after a certain distance which is a lot closer then 7000units even if that might be highly unrealistic (if 1gu = 1 inch its only about 180m, so actually perfect range for SMGs and ARs). combat is more fun when its close enough to see more then two pixel per enemy (but not too close or it will look odd).