Sat May 7th 6PM UTC (1PM EST) Empires 2.8.0 - Playtest

Discussion in 'Testing Discussion' started by Tama, May 6, 2016.

1. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Tomorrow night, I want to do a playtest of 2.8, to make sure it is ready for going live. In this version, building placement has been relaxed, so much that you can place buildings with some slight intersection. All the new issues have been fixed since the beta test.

Armed with the knowledge you gained from the beta (qq, arty is OP), and the screenshots in the building placement thread I expect you to give those Brenodi / Jekotian bastards opposing you what they deserve.

As suggested by beta testers, we will not bump version numbers for beta builds, since only a handful of beta testers will see it anyway. So the next version is 2.8.0. It's already live on the NUBS beta server.

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Hit up those steam groups if you want some players to show up for beta tests. Otherwise it's gonna be a 4v4 or something again. Unless that's ok and we are just checking simple things.

3. complete_

complete_ lamer

lmao

didnt see this until now. hope the test turned out fine and this can be released

4. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Please join us complete, there's only like 6 of us currently. There's 30 people on main so I guess I could test it by pushing to default - giggity.