RTD (2 way suggestions)

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Theowningone, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Theowningone

Theowningone Noone likes me :'(

Well i was thinking a bit and realized every magor mod (and some minor ones) have an RTD (Roll the Dice) plugin. For those of you unfamiliar with this, You type a command and you get something good or something bad for a period of time and then u must wait a period of time to use it again. 1st way suggestion is me saying we should have an RTD plugin for empires. 2nd way is i need feedback from you guys on what you think will/won't work well in game. Heres my ideas....

Standard player:

Good:
    Speed increase
    Unlimited ammo
    God
    Unlimited engineer build
    Health
    Ammo
    Low Grav?(new amount of sploits tho...)

Bad:
    Death
    Hurt
    Frozen
    Strip weapons
    No engineer kit charge

Commander: (Global wait time instead of individual to avoid hop in, rtd, hop out)

Good:
    Gain Res
    Gain tickets
    Gain Research

Bad:
    lose res
    lose tickets
    lose research

more can be added and current ones can be removed. CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK ONLY!!! If you dont like it explain why don't just say "cause" this is not a flame thread!! REPEAT, CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK ONLY!!!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  2. kill3rtomato

kill3rtomato Member

GOOD FOR INF.
    Some of these are pretty good. Speed increase and a health/ammo boost sounds good. Unlimited engineer build is iffy, but it's still dooable (as in it won't completly fuck up gameplay). But unlimited ammo, god and low grav seems to be pushing it to me. I mean, the other ones are a minor-ish boost that helps you, but doesn't make you invincible, or so much better than everyone else it's just a massacre. Unlimited ammo could be used when you have the HMG. You could just tear everything up. God is just a bad idea all in all. I mean, if you happen to be an engineer in the back of a base or something and get the god one then you're good to go (I guess same goes for unlimited build). And low grav.. too many exploits :C

BAD FOR INF.
    Hehe, these are all pretty great. It would suck to get the no engineer kit recharge.. make it recharge slower instead? No recharge at all is kind of brutal..

GOOD FOR COMM
    No to gain research. Gaining res and tickets is already a pretty damn good boost. Gaining research is just too much. I guess this is a way for the losing team to get back on their feet, but I still don't like the idea of just giving out research like that. Giving the res to research is good enough.

BAD FOR COMM
    Same thing basically. I just researched something, why the hell did it just get un-researched? That's just plain evil. I mean, getting this pretty early on the game is just brutal. Well, on any stage of the game. The team will be set back, and have to research the thing over again. And losing tickets/res is ok I guess.. I can't think of any alternatives.

That's just me. I would make it so getting a good roll gives you a little boost, but not something that makes you superman. Your opponent should still have a fighting chance. Same for bad rolls. Something that obviously bad, but not something that makes you too vulnerable. You should still have a fighting chance.

3. Theowningone

well like i said for the inf ones , these are all temporary and can be configured by the server owner. If an engie gets unlimited build it's only for a short period of time(or long if configured that way)

4. Demented

Demented Member

Very bad suggestion.

Though it's fun to think up random ideas for rtd.

5. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Im kewl with the god mode as long as its very temporary... like 30 seconds (or something short) of god mode then you die and stay dead for same time of god mode.

Instead of low gravity switch it to a bad by making it a high gravity so they can't jump and most falls that normally give minor dmg will be lethal.

Instead of death make it poisoned with a permanent bio dmg that can't be healed off. Or if possible fire. I seen fire once... don't know which server had that.

Strip weapons is kinda harsh. I wouldn't mind loosing all amo tho.

I really don't like the commander ones tho. I don't think the commander taking a risk like that is worth it. It effects the whole team.

6. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

To be honest most of those dice games end in players rolling the dices till
    they get an awesome bonus or die.

7. ba'al

ba'al Member

One of the reasons I love empires is because nothing is left to chance, it all depends on your teamwork and individual skill..... RTDs will ruin empires, just like they do with every other game where they are added.

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

in my personal opinion, the only thing where this is really really fun is in counterstrike, because counterstrike is soooo boring and has players that are impossible to beat without this (from my point of skill)

i dont like counterstrike, but i used to join these kind of servers (with map AK_roadwars_v2) and that was a little fun...

9. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

usually, things that are extremely advantageous, like infinate ammo, or godmode, are on a timer

10. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

This is the worst suggestion ever made for Empires. Congratulations, it's mind-numbingly bad.

11. Skyrage

Skyrage Member

Good lord, this thread is a joke right?

12. Theowningone

Congrats, any future feedback from all of the above posters will be ignored due to the fact that it doesnt seem you have read the post.

Anyone can say they dont like it. I want a reason why.

13. Cloud

Cloud Member

I don't like the research ones..
    I think a give/lose 5(or 10?) points would be more balanced though.

Anyways, i'm sure someone will make an rtd plugin for Empires.

14. Theowningone

Define points. Player points? That's not possible if I'm correct.

15. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

qft

sfasfs

16. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

If he wants to waste time doing a roll the dice for empires, let him

so this thread is for input for this project, let us give actual input for it

how about swapping weapons for the other faction's (NFAR becomes BEAR, etc etc)

17. Theowningone

that could probably be done.

18. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

exactly dawgas

what about free vehicles being spawned at your location and the likes? that could add some stuff to it

or maybe only let the commander roll the dice, and have it effect the team globally

19. Theowningone

the free vehicles probably wouldnt work due to how modular they are but i could try. Commander thing is posible too.

20. Castrol GTX

Castrol GTX Member

Unconstructive Criticism: This is stupid and crappy.