Rifleman Dig-In Skill

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Krenzo, May 16, 2006.

1. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

I fullhartedly support my suggestion! and the engie was using a bad moniter and half blind.

2. theBlind

theBlind Member

I use it as 3rd or 4th skill for a rifleman.
    Increased ammo and accuracy are simply too important to pass up on.

That said, the rifleman becomes terminator reincarnate if using ammo + accuracy + dig in + health upgrade.
    The only thing you have to remember is that you won't get any damage reduction from dig in if your stamina bar is empty.

EDIT: The effectivity of hide is greatly dependant on the players skill. It's a tool, not a cheat.

3. ViperNL

ViperNL Member

Exactly. Dont sit in the middle of a field thinking they cant see you. Make sure you bled in with the background (a rock or trees) and move slowly along the edges of an open space. Also, when someone is looking at you, dont try to sneak away, but sit still. Human eyes cant see small details in the distance very well, but they CAN see it when its moving.

4. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

The Engie was the only one have had a major chance of seeing me since he was looking in my general direction for the longest period of time, but also the rest of the members of their team(3 to 4 people) ran right past me and didn't notice me.
    So in a corner, Hide R is R the 1337.

But giving people suggestions on an effective use of Hide, don't try stealth missions if you have been shot, blood isn't something you see floating in mid air alot and killing isn't your role, self defense is; try to take the shot when you know or hope there is only you and your target that can see it, remeber, you are spitting tracers out, many Scouts that I killed that had Hide were tracked down by their tracers.

5. Thor

Thor Member

Dig in is nice. I usually get that as my third or fourth ability. I tried the speed upgrade but it's not good enough to match my other availible skills. Health regeneration does work, it just takes a long while and is disabled when attacking.

6. Ganks

Ganks Banned

I never used [dig-in] honestly. Its cookie-cutter in my opinion. You got accuracy and damage increase, then health and ammo. All those things, to me, are more important than dodging tank shells.

Accuracy + Damage = Required

Health = More Life = Required

Ammo = More Damage = Lower Engineer Requirement = Required

Last edited: May 18, 2006
  7. Evil Person

Evil Person Member

I still think the ones that need the Dig In skill are grenadiers.

8. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Some people like Talus seem to think the Dig-In skill still works like it used to. I changed it in 1.05. That's why I'm asking for feedback.

9. Artemas Ward

Artemas Ward Member

No, it effects stamina now, I think it's pretty nifty, especially on District402.

10. palehorse864

palehorse864 Member

Krenzo, there has been some debate on whether or not it has ane ffect on infantry bullets? Was that changed at all? Does it help you if you are shot directly?

11. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I take it as 3rd or 4th usually, but tbh im too busy too notice, it doesnt seem to drain a lot of stamina, or i could be wrong

12. Bishop Gantry

Bishop Gantry Member

currently dig in seems a little random when it wants to work and not to work sometimes in works while running and sometimes it dosent work at all and die to a few shoots while crouched, when it works it works marvelous. and its not because im low on stamina...

13. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Dig-In only functions when you are ducking. If you are not ducking, then you will take damage normally. If you are ducking, then all damage to you will be halved.

14. Bishop Gantry

Bishop Gantry Member

It might be coded that way, but it dosent behave like that atleast not from what ive been experiencing, taking way to much damage while standing and dying from a sneeze while croutched full stamina and dig in...

15. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

i like the new concept, but how about in order to emphasize(sp?) their anti infantry role, stamina takes a certain number of points of dmg/hit insead of a certain percent. that way it helps alot vs bullets but less vs exploisions (kinda like the reverse of the original dig in)