Rifleman Dig-In Skill

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Krenzo, May 16, 2006.

1. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Does anyone use the Dig-In skill now that it's changed in 1.05? What about the speed upgrade skill now that it doesn't drain stamina? What other skills could be improved?

2. palehorse864

palehorse864 Member

I haven't tried either due to college but one of the first things i plan to do when I jump into the game is train myself up to 20 rank points, take speed boost and increased stamina and then just see how long it takes to get across the map.

As for the previous version of the skill, I honestly found the thing a pain in the butt. It drained stamina so you were better off just using your sprint. I love the new change.

I do hope to hear from someone who has tried it.

3. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

I use speed upgrade now, but I havn't tried Dig In yet.

4. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

health regeneration doesn't seem to ever work.

Perhaps the same thing with hide not working a few patches back?

5. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Dig In seems to work, although it doesn't seem to take away points for stamina. I've shot a crouching NF guy with like 20 bullets using the BE Heavy Assault Rifle with damage increase and accuracy. Like 5 normally do the trick for normal infantry (engineers,...), so it seems it's working.

6. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I thought it was only for explosions? :o

7. Empires Noob

Empires Noob Member

it is only for explosions

It was changed in 1.05 for all damage. - Krenzo

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2006
  8. brains

brains Member

i was using dig-in last night and it seemed like it wasn't doing much, i was crouched and mortars were taking a large majority of my health with an indirect hit with my stamina not really being affected. i don't know if it's dig-in not working or if the mortars are overpowered now, though.

9. palehorse864

palehorse864 Member

I just played a game and I love the new upgrades to speed. Now I can actually use the ability without problems. It could be made slightly faster but it's pretty darn good.

10. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

The health regeneration works with the scout class; I always take health regeneration first if I'm sniping solo. I don't know if it works for other classes, but I assure you it works for scouts.

11. Jn.

Jn. Member

This proves it, people only like to snipe with the scout! Ok just thoght I'd point that out. I do like the speed upgrade, though I prefer others depending on class.

12. FalconX

FalconX Developer

Health regeneration works, it's just very slow. It won't save you in a heavy firefight, but if you win you'll be able to last out another.

13. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

Well, since Krenzo asked for our input on what skills should be changed, I'll add this:

Health Regen isn't very effective, in a fire fight it won't help, and it takes to long to get back up to full or near full, so I propose a modification to the way it works. It will give you a larger health recharge when not in combat.
    After a certian ammount of time(30-40 seconds) that you are not "Attacking"(As it says on the Squad Menu) it will give you 5 health per 2 seconds. And after (15 - 20 seconds) it will give you three health per two seconds so if you can get out of a fight, you can heal. It will keep it's normal 1 for 1 so it can extend your life in a fight if you do manage to take cover after taking a bullet or two. Maybe rework the numbers, but you get the idea. (I haven't counted, but maybe increase the time you are considered "Attacking" a bit.

Also, fix the Health Increase so when you spawn with it, you have the +130 health and not the 100 you respawn with stanard.

Other than that, love Dig in and the new Speed Increase, but I don't use speed that much because I'm either a Tank with an MG Rifleman, Tank with a Canon Nader, Full Support Engie, or a Stealth Scout... I'll try to work it in somewhere.

14. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

Yes, scout is a sniper class right now. The hide skill is only usefull for when noones around, it doesn't fool anyone unless your in a dark corner, and not for long. Maby you see the scouts outline when looking directly at him, but if he is not in your crosshairs, you see a fainter outline. That way sneaking past distracted (fighting) players could still work, but anytime someone sees a blur, they look at it and kill the scout.

15. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

16. Darg

Darg Member

I tried using it yesterday and it didn't seem to do much so I switched to health regen which also didnt seem to do much.

It was on a game of district so grenade spamming hell. I thought the dig in might help but it didnt.

17. Ermm ok!

Ermm ok! Member

I use health regen most of the time as my first , as i am mosltly BR assault rifleman i dont need accuracy upgrade ;)

Id like the ability to steal the apposing teams guns when they die .

Actually i think a "disarm" skill for scouts could be amusing. Give them the ability to disarm there apponant for a short duration in which time only pistol whipping is allowd by both parties.

On a serious note i think giving mele kills there own "kill" graphic as apposed to just the standard weapon graphic would b good.

18. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

I've underlined the statement that made me laugh.
    I was playing Distric in a small server (5/6 vs. 5/6) and I was on NF. The Empire was over running us so I decided to use Hide and sneak around them, cap the flag and piss them off.
    Long story short, I was infront of an Engie that built up a Level 2 Turret and didn't have the Repair Upgrade ablity. I was close enough to MELEE him. He never did anything to me. Not effective my fat piece of rump roast!
    Sad part was, I go to the flag, capped it, and then crashed :(

And Ermm ok!'s suggestion for a Melee icon would be nice :D

19. Jkun

Jkun Ban Hammer Manor Ruler

For the most part, Hide's pretty ineffective outside of shadows. That engineer was half-blind or using a bad monitor.

20. Atlas

Atlas Member

Dig-in, I've found it useful, but it doesn't work all of the time, sometimes I take damage but don't see a loss of stamina, but that could be me.

I didn't use speed earlier because of the drain, now I use it all the time, especially as a grenadier, where the extra speed gives me more leeway when running for cover between attacks. And extra speed + sprint is great in CQB :)